Discuss heat mat - daft question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all got my self my first heat mat today a rothenburg one.
the question is do you wet them or use them dry one plumber says wet them another says keep them dry otherwise you wash the oil off which keeps them from being heat proof.
used it once dry today and its black already.

Wipe flux off otherwise it just turns into a smoking mess.

The heat mat very rarely comes out of the van for me tbh. Unless a pipe is in a corner or within 5mm or so of a wall/joist I don't bother with them. They aren't very good tbh.

I tend not to use my heat mat unless im feeling hot baby

My heat mat is a 6'' square of thin aluminium , solder doesn't stick to it, scrape old flux off , works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat mat - daft question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock