Search the forum,

Discuss Heat absorber while soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi guys,

I have seen long time ago at plumbase a heat absorber while soldering, it was a red mastic ball or something similar.
However, does anyone remember what to call it ?

Kind regards
Ron

Thank you Shauni,
I definitely meant this product. Just forgot what the name was.

Personally I can't see a use for it. A damp flannel or something similar has always worked a treat for me.

Personally I can't see a use for it. A damp flannel or something similar has always worked a treat for me.
I am not saying it doesn't work surely it does. I am just wanting to remind a mate about it.

And if the water is off/system drained you have to wet it from your own water bottle or dunk it in the crapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat absorber while soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Just bench testing my wiring centre. It all performs as it should but the relay makes a bit of a racket while it's waiting for the valves to open before it calls for heat. Only does it on a UFH zone, if using the rad zone its silent as I guess as it's not delaying/activating the pump...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock