Discuss Has anyone used multi-layer composite (MLC) pipes for plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katalin

I need to repipe my flat as the copper pipes are corroded (after only 10 years!). One plumber recommends MLC pipes for both water and radiators.
As with the current copper pipes, the MLC pipes would be put into the floor.
The plumber says MLC pipes are 100% corrosion resistant and that the number of joints would be minimised. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Also, how expensive are MLC pipes compared to straight copper and plastic pipes? (the ground floor of my flat, which is being repiped, is 1000 sf and has two bathrooms plus the kitchen.

It's bad construction overall. The pipes are bad quality (it's even questionable whether they are really copper) and were not sleeved adequately. Also, we think they might have been laid when the screed was still damp. Leak may have started years ago

MLC is good stuff. The best of the "plastics" but is more expensive. Around the same price as copper. Joints are either press or compression (with adaptors) It gets used quite a bit on some new builds flats where it is used as a manifold system for the water.
Look up unipipe

MLC is good stuff. The best of the "plastics" but is more expensive. Around the same price as copper. Joints are either press or compression (with adaptors) It gets used quite a bit on some new builds flats where it is used as a manifold system for the water.
Look up unipipe

Uponor unipipe is the daddy. Speed fit might suffice for your job though?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone used multi-layer composite (MLC) pipes for plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back