Discuss Has anyone used multi-layer composite (MLC) pipes for plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katalin

I need to repipe my flat as the copper pipes are corroded (after only 10 years!). One plumber recommends MLC pipes for both water and radiators.
As with the current copper pipes, the MLC pipes would be put into the floor.
The plumber says MLC pipes are 100% corrosion resistant and that the number of joints would be minimised. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Also, how expensive are MLC pipes compared to straight copper and plastic pipes? (the ground floor of my flat, which is being repiped, is 1000 sf and has two bathrooms plus the kitchen.

10 year old copper piping corroded? something else is happening test the water first

Happen its laid into the screed or concrete with no protection

It's bad construction overall. The pipes are bad quality (it's even questionable whether they are really copper) and were not sleeved adequately. Also, we think they might have been laid when the screed was still damp. Leak may have started years ago

MLC is good stuff. The best of the "plastics" but is more expensive. Around the same price as copper. Joints are either press or compression (with adaptors) It gets used quite a bit on some new builds flats where it is used as a manifold system for the water.
Look up unipipe

MLC is good stuff. The best of the "plastics" but is more expensive. Around the same price as copper. Joints are either press or compression (with adaptors) It gets used quite a bit on some new builds flats where it is used as a manifold system for the water.
Look up unipipe

Uponor unipipe is the daddy. Speed fit might suffice for your job though?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone used multi-layer composite (MLC) pipes for plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Could anyone point me in the right direction. I had a complete plumbing install at a property I was renovating, the CH and plumbing was...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across anything similar. Sorry there are so many questions. Many thanks in anticipation. My daughter has moved, 5 weeks ago...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Our indirect copper water cyclinder has started leaking. Not a flood but enough to wet the whole floor in the airing cupboard. Could not find any...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock