Discuss Hansgrohe Axor Y Tap Cartridge replaced in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best bet is to ring them at £618 a set I'd be nervous about marking them too!

I have replaced cartridges in a few of these at a business premises. They really are a pain in whatsit.

The covers do just pull off. You need to get a very thin bladed screwdriver between the cover and the body and carefully twist it to seperate them. Once you have moved it a couple of millimetres you will find it pulls off quite easily.

Do as I did and warn the customer that there is a possibility of slight damage to the poor design. Although, if you are careful it shouldn't be a problem.

Just removed one so I could replace the Spindle Flow Cartridge. It was quite challenging to get the Chrome Cap off, but in used two Electrical Screwdrivers in the gap 180 degrees apart. Once I managed to create a small gap I could slowly lever the cap off. Very tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hansgrohe Axor Y Tap Cartridge replaced in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Back