Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove stuck washer cartridge from mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 9
What wrench are you using ?

mole grips

There’s your issue needs to be a decent spanner / adjustable to pump grips

There put in with a socket and wizzy gun

The hot water east due to the heat of the hot water loosing it up

You could a pair of 12” or 16” stilson

For future reference, you’re best off with a ring spanner or a socket as they grip all the way around the nut .

Now it’s mullered you are best off with a self tightening wrench which will grip well, but will usually cause a bit of damage. A great version of this is the good old stilsons - just go as big as you need….give up at 48” and just buy a new tap.

Reply to How to remove stuck washer cartridge from mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock