Search the forum,

Discuss Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Worcester services Ron some of us do it bud . Cheers kop

inCollage_20190303_071325580.jpg

Greenstar classic 34cdi combi Ron looks a bit different when stripped mate , agree with you the valliants I service get a heat x clean a flush through and a new G10 seal each year what do you use to clean yours . Kop

Nice service too.
I change on each service the graphite seal G10, electrodes, clean main heat exchanger, flush it out, clean siphon, drain expansion vessel, re charge the vessel, fga, gas rating and my ****.

To be fair I use a lot of elbow grease as I can’t get hold of a special spray for boilers here in uk. Now, I use hard plastic, soft plastic brushes. I used to buy a toilet brush and cut to size which works very well. Viessmann has got a special tool to clean in between the riffles which is a great tool though.

Once all done I use the supplied lubricant before I close the burner. If the heat insulation foams require changed I always do if required.

On Worcester I am taking the exchanger out which is done in 10min and then flush and brush through.

Tomorrow I’ve got an old turbomax apparently serviced each year :) will see what I am going to find

You could use something like Conel Care 270 that’s designed for oil boilers and gas boilers which have a silicium or stainless steal heat exchanger

Discovered this beauty today, the guy I'm working for the next couple of days had called up saying he could hear water running under the decking when using the kitchen sink. Was convinced it was just a 5minute job 'pushing some pipes back together'. I insisted on going round and lifting the boards up before I would give him a price as I'm used to these things being a can of worms. The cowboys that did the decking had bodged a pushfit waste pipe into solvent weld fitting, held in place with ptfe tape and not a clip in sight. Then at the other end which is shown in this pic, the jokers that rendered the side of the house had filled it in with render and then put the decking boards back up to hide it.

After a bit of excavation I eventually found some indication of a drain being under that mess:

I really don't know how people that work like this can sleep at night!

Just had a call from a landlord of mine that has had a dissappearing tenant and wants a hob removing. Turned up to find this and the gas board had turned the gas off to the property. Not one of mine Ron but this is what I deal with on a regular basis. Not sure if you can see from the picture but the cooker hose is also not even located in the bayonet fitting.

898CEA4F-77C3-47F0-A71F-94A0223CE05B.jpeg

8A7B513E-F0AA-4872-8EB3-D7ECEAEE7388.jpeg

AC31152B-4EEB-4754-87A1-5D3607BB34F6.jpeg

2D8D0889-6015-425A-98E4-937697B80052.jpeg

D73BE26C-3391-4FF4-8AFD-588A8F6B4A94.jpeg

416A25F4-DD5E-489A-876D-9C999C7A825E.jpeg

DDF8B53D-F917-44AF-980B-0B3C1F804862.jpeg

Shocking shoddy work mate. What did you do with the ho , did you turn it off? Or did you just AR it?

I had recently a free standing cooker and I had no stability brackets, no stability chain, cooker not levelled, bayonet not 750mm from floor, and too close to the worktops no space. I was unsure about the judgement and called gas safe and they said to all not NTC ;/ weird .. I learned different things

It is all out mate. New Hob going in next week with butterfly isolation in the cupboard and new rigid pipework to Hob.
That’s the way forward harvest. I had a similar case recently where a customer had few engineers who apparently checked for a gas leak but couldn’t find it. I went out for a blocked sink and as soon as I walked in i said you have got a gas leak. So, i started With letby and tightness test and it dropped immediately. Turned out to be the hob and i turned it off.

Shocking shoddy work mate. What did you do with the ho , did you turn it off? Or did you just AR it?

I had recently a free standing cooker and I had no stability brackets, no stability chain, cooker not levelled, bayonet not 750mm from floor, and too close to the worktops no space. I was unsure about the judgement and called gas safe and they said to all not NTC ;/ weird .. I learned different things
Why did you need to phone GS? Only thing potentially above NTCS is if it was too close - and then only with signs of distress. Not all cookers need any space.

This will make you laughter look what I saw today called in to see my electrician mate on a job this is a new heating first fix pipework install shocking in my opinion and a disaster waiting to happen some people !!!

IMG-20190214-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190214-WA0001.jpg

Did you raise the concerns ? Kop

Why did you need to phone GS? Only thing potentially above NTCS is if it was too close - and then only with signs of distress. Not all cookers need any space.
I phoned because I wasn’t sure how to judge this therefore I called them up. The way it looked and was installed, i would have AR without second thought. I phoned the cooker company and made sure about the space though.

Yep sure did they know its total s---- !The problem is the installer is local to me and I often bump into him but had to say something personally I will never mix manufacturers pipe and fittings and I am sure theres better ways of first fixing that job . Kop

Yep sure did they know its total s---- !The problem is the installer is local to me and I often bump into him but had to say something personally I will never mix manufacturers pipe and fittings and I am sure theres better ways of first fixing that job . Kop
Did you actually say something to him in regards to this shocking work?

Reply to Good or bad idea - would you like it and be Interested in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock