Discuss generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon ? me and you then take it on ? up for it

I'll give yous a hand if you want as I'll be impartial don't need any work from forum plus I'm in northern Ireland

I didn't realise customers would look to the gas safe site for 'non gas' work, my bad. :) :)

They do it all the time. To be fair I can see how they think that moving a rad etc would require a heating trade as its connected to the boiler. But as we all know you don't have to be gas safe to do it. Don't get me wrong I don't get loads of people asking for bathroom fits (only had the one) but it does happen occaisionally and work like this would be ideal for someone who is not gassafe.

If I had more experiance in the plumbing side then I would take these jobs but since college I have just done mainly gas works like servicing, cp12's and fitting cookers. Only started in the last year or so getting more involved in the plumbing side by fitting rads etc. But like I say I turn these down mainly because I am busybut also because I am very very rusty on the plumbing side having only dealt with boiler and there innards for the past 5 years.

I also think this idea would be good for people learning things, like if one bloke took a job to fit UFH someone who has no experiance but would like to learn could tag along if both blokes agreed and they could learn.

The more I think about this idea I THINK ITS GREAT!!

I like the idea in principle but price fixing in the UK is illegal and we don't want to be seen as being dodgy, we get enough stick from the media as it is.
not quite accurate that, price fixing is giving inflated price for a product you cannot buy else where, like gas.
your local taxi drivers all charge about the same in your area dont they?. thats called the going rate.

I only need one thing to be done and this is only members from forum to get the leads......as if not then many people not members will come along and get the lead ,therefore customers can get illegal cowboys in estate

of forum members cowboys (us)

not quite accurate that, price fixing is giving inflated price for a product you cannot buy else where, like gas.
your local taxi drivers all charge about the same in your area dont they?. thats called the going rate.
I think you will find that the law thinks otherwise:
Competition law prohibits almost any attempt by competitors to fix prices - for example, it will generally be illegal to:

• agree prices with your competitors - eg you can't agree to work from a shared minimum price list
, Source : Anti-competitive agreements | Business Link

As i said I think its a good idea but I think we should keep the pricing bit out of it

Pricing is up to an individual what they want to earn and also
Will depend on location too

Pricing is up to an individual what they want to earn and also
Will depend on location too

Depend on the job as well, a leaky toilet can be anything from missing to a cracked cistern. Until it's seen, it's always difficult to give an accurate cost.

who is going to set it up then if we all agree to my idea . And will it be possible just arms to be able to receive customers details ????

Depend on the job as well, a leaky toilet can be anything from missing to a cracked cistern. Until it's seen, it's always difficult to give an accurate cost.
I think we've 3 volunteers to run it , suppose it's down to admin now of where to put it within the forums

I think we've 3 volunteers to run it , suppose it's down to admin now of where to put it within the forums

Agreed.

The tilers one looks good, difficult to put it in the arms as only members have access so the custs can't post in there.

but how can we secure it that we will get it going and others will be benefited and take the leads to the jobs !!!

am i thinking wrong ???

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

i was thinkning the cust to fill out the form send it onto us 3 , first to pick it up send it onto the nearest chap/chic then its not a public listing for othere to just start PMing the cust direct

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

I thought as soon as its posted anybody can pm them. But if the custs have anything about them they will check the forum to check out the people contacting them. Like I posted earlier I don't think it will be perfect from day 1, but need to start somewhere.

i recon that might put custards off if they list it and 15 of us start PMing them quotes back. i recon too that memebers have to be registered for that section other wise we will end up with cowboy bob just joining up to get jobs

how about whoever responds clicks like on the post then we know the job has been responded to. clicking thanks could signify completion of the job

We need some input from those in the know on how the forum works then. I'm just concerned we over complicate things and that puts people off as well. We need a happy medium. I wouldn't be looking to send a quote just on what was posted, I'd be wanting to look at the job, but again this would be dependant upon the job.

damn can't edit!

each job could have say 3 likes, then customer has a choice of 3 plumbers.

We need some input from those in the know on how the forum works then. I'm just concerned we over complicate things and that puts people off as well. We need a happy medium. I wouldn't be looking to send a quote just on what was posted, I'd be wanting to look at the job, but again this would be dependant upon the job.

i agree, any prices given should be taken as estimates not quotes. just the same as when a customer rings and says how much? you still need to give a general indication of what such a job usually costs

i recon that might put custards off if they list it and 15 of us start PMing them quotes back. i recon too that memebers have to be registered for that section other wise we will end up with cowboy bob just joining up to get jobs

If its got trusted members such as yourself running it then you will only give the details to trusted members which will eliminate cowboys/agencies. They could post the job details on the search for a plumber forum and then you contact them for their address, then pass the details on to the nearest 3 trusted members who can arrange a quote

We'll need a list of all the members who are interested in being part of this, where they are based and how far willing to travel. Also the type of jobs willing to be undertaken. I know I live in the sticks but its gonna be a bit tougher in the bigger cities, if we have 5 or 6 members in the right area do we do it on a rota or to all that apply?

We need to draw up a charter then, not anything flash, just some basic ground rules.

If its got trusted members such as yourself running it then you will only give the details to trusted members which will eliminate cowboys/agencies. They could post the job details on the search for a plumber forum and then you contact them for their address, then pass the details on to the nearest 3 trusted members who can arrange a quote

yeah put theres nothing to stop joe blogs there though just pm ing them for there address , i just think we need more control over it IMHO but im happy to go with the majority ,

yeah put theres nothing to stop joe blogs there though just pm ing them for there address , i just think we need more control over it IMHO but im happy to go with the majority ,

but surely they are posting the job on this forum because they want a trusted plumber so will only take the ones you advise

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

but surely they are posting the job on this forum because they want a trusted plumber so will only take the ones you advise

or would they go with the cheapest option from the dog walkers,paperboys mate who did a two week super fast track course ?

or the customer just shows up as anonymous on that part of the forum so they cant be contacted by anybody apart from the people running it

thats a good idea kay-jay we need some way to sort the wheat form the chaff so to speak. not that i'm saying anyone on here is necessarily chaff or indeed wheat lol.

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

never noticed the red thing till now lol

like av said im happy either way so long as were all in agreement

Very good point, the fact they have posted on here would mean they are wanting to remove the element of 'pot luck' and take the recommendations on board. The biggest comment I come across is that 'I'm new to the area and don't know who to use'. I'm doing one job at the minute where she wanted an electrical check and the full house decorating but didn't know who to use. Gave her the numbers of two good lads and hey presto they're in doing the work.

How are we going to handle complaints? and I'm thinking along the lines of the cust that won't ever be happy!

or would they go with the cheapest option from the dog walkers,paperboys mate who did a two week super fast track course ?

haha i would like to think not, i dont think the majority of people would, even if they did they would be back for a repair :smiley2:

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

I was thinking more along the lines about the cust that would whinge for england if somebody turned up two minutes late. But yes, nice disclaimer would cover it.

good stuff! sounds like we're really making some progress. hopefully it should be up and running this week

I suppose this could also be a good way to warn tradesmen of rogue customers i.e. bad payers and the like. Say if someone does a job for Mr Smith in Doncaster and gets ripped off, he goes on a blacklist and we can check on the list before responding to any jobs. We could incorporate the tilers and sparkies forums and the other ones so everyone is less likely to get goosed!

thats a good idea lee people are always saying on here that we should have a rogue customer section.

good ideas lads keep em comming your ideas are being noted.

proof of qualifications and p.l insurance and a minimum posting level (say a 1000) i think will be essential imo.

what! not got a 1000 yet?. get posting then.lol.

Well, by the time Ive got a 1000 posts the system should be well up and running with all the problems ironed out. lol

any update from admin/mods then or is it going to die a slow death ?

yeah i remember when i txt him to see what he thought , then it appears on hear but hey ho

yeah i remember when i txt him to see what he thought , then it appears on hear but hey ho

mmmmmm so the mastermind behind the cunning plan is revealed.

As long as we get it up and running.

Is got to get going .... There is thousands to be make for every one from visitors here

we have been looking initially at this for a few months now and we are working at it in the background.
on the 'other (secret) forum'
but we still need as much 'think tanking' to get it right whilst things are being set up, we are also considering taking on the 'big-uns' too.

keep your eyes open for the boiler forum.

ps. are we there yet?. are we nearly there yet?. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Firstly, we are so glad to have you all as members here on PlumbersForums.net. We are becoming an international community more and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock