Search the forum,

Discuss generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a very good idea it seems to work on the tilers forum so should work on here. if there is anything to do i am willing to help out as best as i can as i have more time on my hands at the moment than i would hope for.

i have a idea why dont we get all the regular lads from here to be register and have there area RESERVED for them only as when every one hear about it they all will want a peace of our cake ???what u think ?
well, blackcatgas lives 1/4 mile down the road from me.
so at high noon ..........will let you know the outcome.lol.

will need to limit the number of quotes though say tyo 5 max, i mean the custard dont want 15 members calling to fix a leaking tap?.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only problem i can see with that red is maybe the custard will think we are conspiring to keep the price artificially high if all the quotes come back at about the same price lol.

well, blackcatgas lives 1/4 mile down the road from me.
so at high noon ..........will let you know the outcome.lol.

will need to limit the number of quotes though say tyo 5 max, i mean the custard dont want 15 members calling to fix a leaking tap?.

i don't think competition amongst members is a particularly good idea! perhaps some method of fixed pricing for basic jobs could be agreed before hand and the job offered to the closest member to the custard, if not available then the next and so on

like i say weve all got to be singing the same hyme , could maybe go as far as inviation into that section only that way we pick who comes in based on there posts , who they know etc etc

i don't think competition amongst members is a particularly good idea! perhaps some method of fixed pricing for basic jobs could be agreed before hand and the job offered to the closest member to the custard, if not available then the next and so on

I like the idea in principle but price fixing in the UK is illegal and we don't want to be seen as being dodgy, we get enough stick from the media as it is.

Are we going to debate it to death are get it started? If any extra help is needed then count me in.

Whichever way we go to start with, it won't be perfect, but it would be a start. Anything is better than leaving online lookers to 'my hammer', 'rated people' etc.

Longer term it would be good to get customer feedback on each member, 'what a great service' or 'what a muppet' etc.

I'm not sure on the legallities of this but could we not put a link on the gas safe website where our individual details are listed? I, for eample , don't have a website so would be happy to put the link to the forum to posts jobs up on my details?

I'm not sure on the legallities of this but could we not put a link on the gas safe website where our individual details are listed? I, for eample , don't have a website so would be happy to put the link to the forum to posts jobs up on my details?

What about us happy campers that aren't gas safe?

What about us happy campers that aren't gas safe?

You could still get work from it, I don't advertise at all and get all my private jobes from the gas safe website and word of mouth. But I get calls off the gas safe website that I turn down that are not gas related ie move rads, fit bathroom. These jobs are too big for me as I sub contract during the week and like to be bits and bobs on the weekend and take time off during the week for bigger jobs that may get ie combi swap etc.

So these jobs that are not gas jobs could be going to people on the forum and helping lads on here that know their stuff and are not cowboys and can be trusted

You could still get work from it, I don't advertise at all and get all my private jobes from the gas safe website and word of mouth. But I get calls off the gas safe website that I turn down that are not gas related ie move rads, fit bathroom. These jobs are too big for me as I sub contract during the week and like to be bits and bobs on the weekend and take time off during the week for bigger jobs that may get ie combi swap etc.

So these jobs that are not gas jobs could be going to people on the forum and helping lads on here that know their stuff and are not cowboys and can be trusted

I didn't realise customers would look to the gas safe site for 'non gas' work, my bad. :) :)

I didn't realise customers would look to the gas safe site for 'non gas' work, my bad. :) :)

They do it all the time. To be fair I can see how they think that moving a rad etc would require a heating trade as its connected to the boiler. But as we all know you don't have to be gas safe to do it. Don't get me wrong I don't get loads of people asking for bathroom fits (only had the one) but it does happen occaisionally and work like this would be ideal for someone who is not gassafe.

If I had more experiance in the plumbing side then I would take these jobs but since college I have just done mainly gas works like servicing, cp12's and fitting cookers. Only started in the last year or so getting more involved in the plumbing side by fitting rads etc. But like I say I turn these down mainly because I am busybut also because I am very very rusty on the plumbing side having only dealt with boiler and there innards for the past 5 years.

I also think this idea would be good for people learning things, like if one bloke took a job to fit UFH someone who has no experiance but would like to learn could tag along if both blokes agreed and they could learn.

The more I think about this idea I THINK ITS GREAT!!

I like the idea in principle but price fixing in the UK is illegal and we don't want to be seen as being dodgy, we get enough stick from the media as it is.
not quite accurate that, price fixing is giving inflated price for a product you cannot buy else where, like gas.
your local taxi drivers all charge about the same in your area dont they?. thats called the going rate.

I only need one thing to be done and this is only members from forum to get the leads......as if not then many people not members will come along and get the lead ,therefore customers can get illegal cowboys in estate

of forum members cowboys (us)

not quite accurate that, price fixing is giving inflated price for a product you cannot buy else where, like gas.
your local taxi drivers all charge about the same in your area dont they?. thats called the going rate.
I think you will find that the law thinks otherwise:
Competition law prohibits almost any attempt by competitors to fix prices - for example, it will generally be illegal to:

• agree prices with your competitors - eg you can't agree to work from a shared minimum price list
, Source : Anti-competitive agreements | Business Link

As i said I think its a good idea but I think we should keep the pricing bit out of it

Pricing is up to an individual what they want to earn and also
Will depend on location too

Pricing is up to an individual what they want to earn and also
Will depend on location too

Depend on the job as well, a leaky toilet can be anything from missing to a cracked cistern. Until it's seen, it's always difficult to give an accurate cost.

who is going to set it up then if we all agree to my idea . And will it be possible just arms to be able to receive customers details ????

Depend on the job as well, a leaky toilet can be anything from missing to a cracked cistern. Until it's seen, it's always difficult to give an accurate cost.
I think we've 3 volunteers to run it , suppose it's down to admin now of where to put it within the forums

I think we've 3 volunteers to run it , suppose it's down to admin now of where to put it within the forums

Agreed.

The tilers one looks good, difficult to put it in the arms as only members have access so the custs can't post in there.

but how can we secure it that we will get it going and others will be benefited and take the leads to the jobs !!!

am i thinking wrong ???

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

i was thinkning the cust to fill out the form send it onto us 3 , first to pick it up send it onto the nearest chap/chic then its not a public listing for othere to just start PMing the cust direct

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

I thought as soon as its posted anybody can pm them. But if the custs have anything about them they will check the forum to check out the people contacting them. Like I posted earlier I don't think it will be perfect from day 1, but need to start somewhere.

i recon that might put custards off if they list it and 15 of us start PMing them quotes back. i recon too that memebers have to be registered for that section other wise we will end up with cowboy bob just joining up to get jobs

how about whoever responds clicks like on the post then we know the job has been responded to. clicking thanks could signify completion of the job

We need some input from those in the know on how the forum works then. I'm just concerned we over complicate things and that puts people off as well. We need a happy medium. I wouldn't be looking to send a quote just on what was posted, I'd be wanting to look at the job, but again this would be dependant upon the job.

damn can't edit!

each job could have say 3 likes, then customer has a choice of 3 plumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock