Search the forum,

Discuss generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Dear members ,

I have a idea ,why dont the moderators crater some sort of page where potential customers to list a jobs they want done and all members from here by listing there location can go and visit jobs and take it on if customers agree on price , plus they can leave feed back for all of our services !

And after we get going we can sponsor the forum and get better and better

Please speak your mined and give ideas , I am starting my first job which I got from here
full install (boiler ,unvented , and 13 rads + first fix on bathroom and 2 showers )

will be nice to catch the POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY VISIT HERE !

good idea stan we do have the i need a plumber thread at the top of the general plumbing forum but i'm sure it could be expanded to be a proper work on offer page sort of thing

Not a bad idea. I get a little bit of work via the Sheffield forum but tend to get undercut from the handymen a lot of the time. Should be a more discerning customer base on here....... Hoteldave frinstance!!!

could also have another thread for loveslaves to find potential employers, I am considering getting another loveslave so I better notify A and E

could also have another thread for loveslaves to find potential employers, I am considering getting another loveslave so I better notify A and E

we have that its called the plumbers forum! 5 a day looking for work lol

Make a thread with like a list of locations e.g Wales- Swansea Cardiff etc all the major towns and people can go into that sub category then for choosing one in that area. :) Obviously hyper linking the locations and that will take you to the list of plumbums

Nobodys gonna scroll through 17 pages of that to find one from their area haha

i dont like these kind of jobs TBH its like tenderrring , ive just been asked to do some big police stations in south/west yorkshire and althugh i know some pretty well :) i havent bothered they want it for nothing then moan like the mess a snail leaves when it breaks down cos they have short arms and deep pockets

We have this on another forums and it does work well every now and again so I'm up for it if you lot are.

What we do on tilersforums is allow a thread to be posted, then a moderator will close the thread and respond to it and to contact the member via PM if they wish to enquire about it. We have to remove all personal contact details, because we had agencies touting for the work and taking over. Even one claiming to be us. So private messages via the forum helps us find and remove the dodgy agencies etc.

So we'd need a guy to manage that, and you guys would have to choose the guy. :)

Anybody up for that sort of role here? Clearly needs to be a regular.
The moderators here will choose the person. But if you have suggestions let us know. And if you're interested let me or the mods know.

I think it's a good thing. We are here to support the trader after all. So anything we do to get you guys some extra business we'll try to do. And things that cost nowt, we will do.

Thank you Dan

Next suggestion I have is the person who will be managing it to be getting small kick back from the person who is dong the job ,by doing it that way all will be happy !

Please guys if you are willing to take care of it we can make it work for us :)

and will be very good earner as there is no competition on the market for better forum

with such a good and clued up members .

I have another idea but will bring that one later on as we need to make this one work first !

i would like to take on the such likes of servicemagic, trustatrade and boilerguide but done without screwing the tradesman from non-existant work, followed up by a feedback from the customer.
sick and tired of these scroats taking advantage making money for nothing.imo.

so you thing it will not work ? it will as there will not be any one behind it just us ! and when any one gets job we just kick back the lad who will be running it !
well lets sea whet every one of the regular ones will say !

it will work as long we dont get the electrician to mess things up here :stuart::6::6:

We set up a sub-forum where joe soap or members can post jobs..

"I am looking for a plumber.."

We can make it auto moderated and then mods can just approve the job and lock it then ask members to contact the OP direct..

If you take a look at the Tilers one, you will see how many jobs get posted.. and it is good for the members.

[DLMURL="http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/im-looking-wall-floor-tiler/"]I'm Looking for a Wall and Floor Tiler[/DLMURL]

Now the question is.. what do we call it..

I am looking for a plumber and heating etc etc..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me.

"I'm looking for a plumbing & heating engineer" and then details of what the problem or what the work is and then the area the work is in.

​Maybe start off with something like this

I am looking for a plumber

If you are looking for any plumbing,drainage,gas,heating,boiler or renewables work to be undertaken ,please place your post in this forum,with as much detail as possible and area you are in.Find a professional local Plumber here.

'i need a plumbing quote'<br><br>why not copy those other sites and generate a lot of enquiries and give em a run for the money, is it possible or does it take a lot to do?.

i have a idea why dont we get all the regular lads from here to be register and have there area RESERVED for them only as when every one hear about it they all will want a peace of our cake ???what u think ?

just had a look on the tilers forum -they have done very well

we can do it too !

come on lads give us all your opinion about it ?

and what i think it will be good is the thread to be viewable only to plumbers arms members ,other way there will be people coming on to the forum just to still the work !

I think we should walk before we run,get it up and running and go from there,if not,we will go on for ever trying to sort this and that out

imho

Brilliant idea, think Puddle is on the right track to walk before you can run. Keep it simple. You already have a volunteer to run it, so get the forum started.

I'm always grateful for extra ways to create leads, and generate work. If it works for the tilers, it can work for us.

Just found this thread and I think in priciple it sounds like a good idea. But like previous posts before I think its best to start slow and see how it goes. With work the way it is at the minute any work is good work.

Keep it simples, and tweak as we go along. Keep feedback coming in as it goes along and tweak accordingly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock