Discuss Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

These Hob installation instructions also say that the isolation valve should be accessible. This is the same pic that I posted in the other thread.

9932732C-A36B-407A-B032-043A0664887F.jpeg

But what would take longer, removing 4 screws or emptying 3 drawers full of pans and pottery or food tins/boxes? For as long as mans been installing integrated units, a gas cock has been behind a under worktop oven... gas or electric.
Like you said, it’s for servicing for a gas safe engineer.

How do we define 'accessible'?

That's all it needs to be to be able to use compression on Gas.

It is up to the on site Engineers discretion to define that, in that particular situation.

It's not always easy to make your mind up though, lol.

How do we define 'accessible'?

That's all it needs to be to be able to use compression on Gas.

It is up to the on site Engineers discretion to define that, in that particular situation.

It's not always easy to make your mind up though, lol.
I'd define something accessible if you can get it easily by using basic hand tools. A screwdriver to remove 4 screws and pull an oven out would be accessible in my opinion.

Reply to Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock