Discuss Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
When installing a gas hob the required isolation valve usually falls behind the cooker. That is removed by unscrewing 4 screws. I'm wondering if its seen acceptable by most to use a compression gas isolation valve in such a position. . Thanks

It’s not an end user valve, they would shut off the ECV in an emergency.
Fine to use a compression valve.

I was told this on a gas safe inspection

Fine behind the oven

Reply to Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Back