Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive stepped through a couple!!
So have i, just the once touch wood. Straight through, breaking a couple of ribs and a finger and various cuts and scrapes on the way.

Got the afternoon off work to get my finger in a splint, a couple of sticking plasters and told to swallow some paracetamols if i needed them:p

So have i, just the once touch wood. Straight through, breaking a couple of ribs and a finger and various cuts and scrapes on the way.

Got the afternoon off work to get my finger in a splint, a couple of sticking plasters and told to swallow some paracetamols if i needed them:p

yeh ive got the scars, long scar just to the side of my nipple, very painful

best one i had was working over a factory urinal, i went straight through as someone was taking a leak, he jumped through his skin!!!!!

These courses make a mockery of my 4 years both in college and on the job as a proper apprentice. No wonder many house holders are going down the DIY route as they're sh*t scared who'll come and work in their homes with all the inexperienced and cowboys out there claiming to be experts.

I don't touch electrics as I'm not trained or qualified, or major joinery work or large gas installations, even though I know how and have the skills to do these, yet in two weeks someone can claim to be a trained professional. I've been a plumber since 1982, but how is a house holder to know that over someone who'se been one for two weeks? It should be law that a qaulified trainee should have to do a further probationery period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
The new proposed points system has been a hot topic over the past weeks. Especially relevant is what seems to be a total stop to allowing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello everyone, In 2010 I was doing a course in plumbing, I think it was a BTEC in Plumbing level 2. It was a 2 year course which I completed and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views
Back