Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats cost you some serious money Dormouse. Let me guess, you used to work in IT?

ha ha.... no not quite... I have a background in logistics & recruitment, HGV ADR (Gas cylinders, chemicals & tankers). Factor in that I've had to buy all of my tools & van for the first time, yeah, you could say it cost a few quid!!

Hi, first post, be gentle....

I am new to the industry & a 'fast tracker':cool:, I've just spent the last 8 months doing a Gas ACS, CPA1, Energy Efficiency (Part L) a week at Baxi Main Potterton & days at Vokera, Vaillant, Viessmann, Glow Worm, Honeywell etc. I'm in the process of starting an NVQ2 at college to learn the water side.

Reading the last post regarding the NVQ Level 3, the only thing I'm missing is the water regs, soils & unvented!!

Have I done them the wrong way round? :confused:

yes the short courses are competence person schemes not quals as such

I wasnt being harsh...

Just interested. A lot of the guys I meet that have spent a lot on training and do things properly are ex IT engineers. Just an observation.

I have one working for me right now. He's a good guy.

I knew I should av used a smilie , it was a bit tongue in cheek Danny;)
THe IT guys I know could pass all the exams but wouldnt know which end of the spanner to use . ......stop it ;)

i find IT guys are very good at sorting issues with computers and stuff

That is what I am doing and it comes with a qaulification otherwise I wouldnt be doing it if was of no value.

ring any of the elec bodies,ask them what you require to sign off minor work in a domestic setting,defined scope and full scope as i said not a qualification and not a requirement ,a knowledge of what your doing and 17th edition wiring regs is what they will ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
The new proposed points system has been a hot topic over the past weeks. Especially relevant is what seems to be a total stop to allowing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello everyone, In 2010 I was doing a course in plumbing, I think it was a BTEC in Plumbing level 2. It was a 2 year course which I completed and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock