Search the forum,

Discuss Freebie alert - Aladdin Easifit Emergency Isolator & toolkit - Sponsored thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Please see this youtube video for a demonstration of the Aladdin Easifit isolator, or visit their website here.

Its a 15mm lever valve that you can fit to a live pipe, without draining, freezing, bunging or soaking yourself in water. Ideal for namby-pamby plumbers who don't fancy doing a cold mains live, or cutting into a murky heating pipe over a white carpet. :)

It fits 15mm copper, Hep, Polyplumb, speedfit etc, and leaves you with a permanent full-bore lever valve in place.

At just under £30 + vat they aren't cheap - but on the other hand, neither is hours of labour draining and refilling, and freezing isn't always feasible particularly if there is any flow. We are including the toolkit in the freebie.

I have 5 to give away for review. The first 1 goes to Rodolphe for drawing my attention to it at Phex, and the 2nd goes to Bod - I can't remember why, but I have a note that Bod deserves one for some reason. The other three will go to the first three plumbers arms members who PM me their postal address.* Other members - sorry, but if you are a professional plumber, build a good post-count, and apply to get into the arms!

A big thanks to John at NLB Engineering for providing the freebies.

As always, its a condition of the freebie that you promise to come back on the site and post a review. There is a sticky thread for the purpose. The review does not have to be positive, but if you have criticisms please keep them polite and constructive! Sensible feedback (even if its negative) encourages manufacturers to provide the freebies to keep these giveaways going.

Cheers

Ray

*Members ineligible for freebies until they review the Calshot or IntaKlean freebies are: APPlumbing, Croppie, kay-jay, Mike Jackson, JCPLumb, Anz, Stani, Redsaw, Orry Clayton, Destroyer2813, Stevetheplumber.

Don't suppose you've got a stash of diarys left over ray have you???

Don't suppose you've got a stash of diarys left over ray have you???

We are too mean to do giveaway diaries.

I wish I had known you wanted one, because I turned down several from various suppliers (I over-rely on iPad/phone!)

Sorry AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
No probs ray. I usually get them each year but not this year and I'm too mean to buy one!

I bought one of these today, for a job I've got to do over the weekend, which can't have any down time on the supply and can't be frozen. Not cheap but what a brilliant idea.

I bought one of these today, for a job I've got to do over the weekend, which can't have any down time on the supply and can't be frozen. Not cheap but what a brilliant idea.

Let us know how it goes Dannypipe.

Soft lad, I could have sent you my one if you'd asked nicely! Saying that though I'd probably need it the next day. Let us know how it goes. ;)

That's really kind of you but keep it in the van for an emergency mate.

I wish I had come up with the idea. Genius. I'm looking forward to trying it. If it all goes well, I'll be keeping one on board for emergencies. They need to start making them in 22mm and then they need to put the price down a bit!

That's really kind of you but keep it in the van for an emergency mate.

I wish I had come up with the idea. Genius. I'm looking forward to trying it. If it all goes well, I'll be keeping one on board for emergencies. They need to start making them in 22mm and then they need to put the price down a bit!

Make sure you check out the demo videos on YouTube, and let us know if you can get it done in under 2 minutes.

Edit: Ignore this, didn't see that post lol.

Dannypipe - did you buy a fitting kit too?

why cant it be frozen dannypipe, let us no how you get on i was thinking if you had a burst pipe and the mains running full boar could this be fitted if toby cant be found

If there was an option to have it cheaper without the fitting kit, I probably would have gone for it, as I have all the components on board anyway. Only thing is there is a red alignment line on the socket they give you in the kit so that you know you've gone to the right depth.

It came with the fitting kit for £30 plus VAT.

That's a good price then. I'm looking in the Corgi Direct catalogue now and they're selling the valve for £30.00 and the tool kit for £6.00 seperately.

why cant it be frozen dannypipe, let us no how you get on i was thinking if you had a burst pipe and the mains running full boar could this be fitted if toby cant be found

It can't be frozen because the stopcock is broken, and the problem outlet is leaking (a fast drip). So even with my powerful freezing machine, I wouldn't like to bank on it freezing a solid slug in the pipe work. As we all know, running water doesn't freeze well!

I started talking about trying to tape up the outlet with almagamating tape, and freezing it, when I remembered the valve, and the customer said, just do that. It's take 15 mins for the machine to freeze a 15mm pipe even if it isn't leaking. So time against costs. This works out much the muchness!

Looking at the video, I reckon I could fit one of these in about 2 mins or less...but I may eat my words.

A i get u now danny defo worth keeping in the van then wish you luck

Dunno, you're supposed to be in charge around here too. You better step it up a gear mate!!

Will it work on an imperial pipe? Don't remember seeing it stated whether you can or not.

I think so. half inch is so close a match to 15mm I think it must. I would imagine the 22mm one (when it comes out) will have a big notice saying it doesn't work for imperial pipe work. (Just like a pushfit doesn't).

Think it's just Ray's firm at the moment.

I expect they'll catch on, it's a piece of genius in my humble opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie alert - Aladdin Easifit Emergency Isolator & toolkit - Sponsored thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock