Discuss Float valve for f+e tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, just fitted a bs1212 pt2 float valve on an f+e tank. The original was the straight arm (part 1?) I think. I didn't think you could fit the straight ones anymore due to the air gap but noticed the merchants still sell them. Anyone know any different?

The day I started, back in the 80's, the guy who was training me said:

"We'll skip over these part 1 portsmouth pattern ballvalves, because we'll stop selling them now they've changed the regs".

28 years later and we still sell thousands a year...

My understanding is that you can replace like with like, but can't fit one on a new install. But I stand to be corrected.

lol, I have looked in the water regs which says you can fit either one of these: part 1, part 2 or part 3. Surely they all do the same job at the end of day. It wouldn't make any difference if you swopped a part 1 for a part 2. What do you guys connect to the ball valve thread to? I have seen tap connectors with the fibre washer, I would have thought a female iron to 1/2" compression would be better. The connection to the one I did today was a funny looking thing. It was a 1/2" comp from the pipe to another 1/2" comp onto the float valve thread. The olive wasn't an olive like you see today, it was just like a ring not as wide as what you see today but it was an old install. Probably a common sight if you do a lot of maintenance. I would post a picture but it wont upload into the forum attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Float valve for f+e tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’ve noticed my ballcock valve is always running in the loft on the small f and e tank but when heating is on its fine, also no water coming...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
My heat only gas boiler is drained from the boiler drain valve - There is no water in the F&E tank. The hot water vented cylinder is removed. So...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Back