Discuss Drumming up more business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree that the internet is such a powerful advertising medium but I do agree it shouldn't be ignored.

I get most of my unrecommended work from my website but in one man band type trades, I'd suggest that recommendation is the most successful important source for new customers and after that Yellow Pages and local magazines and newspapers (not that I use any of these). After these media, I'm sure most people then turn to Tinternet.

Also, have you ever tried searching for and buying a car via the internet when you're not really sure what you want? When I looked for my van it was the most maddening experience I've suffered in many years! I ended up using Yellow Pages!

Are you not using the internet?

I do online marketing for local businesses and I find it crazy you guys aren't taking advantage of Google being the new digital Yellow pages,.

Yellow pages is dying, people used to place an ad and that was it, the phone would ring. If you want to avoid drinking free coffee you can take advantage of the fact there were almost half a million people last month looking for a plumber in the Uk on Google.

You got a website? You getting traffic? you capturing peoples details? you building a relationship with them?

If you want to survive long term you need to be known as dave the plumber, not just "a" plumber.

"Don't find a customer to make a sale, make a sale to find a customer".

Get a customer retention strategy and use the internet and you'll have so much work you'll hate the fact that you ever read this post because you'll be swamped.

Most local businesses aren't doing this, not just plumbers.

GL

I agree that the internet is a valuable tool these days and yes I do use it along with the BNI, Local press, Leaflets, Thomson Local, Check a Trade, Trading standards, Paid refferals, Direct mail & joint marketing. Along of course with word of mouth but I love to tinker and try out new things.

I expect my phone to ring at least 10 times a day with customer enquiries and to honest I find makeing the phone ring more fun than the plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drumming up more business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have tried all, from handing out leafets and business cards the works and have got bits and pieces Today i had a great idea, well at least i...
Replies
Views
steve123
S
S
Instead of using standard size Business Cards that everyone loses, try using post card size cards, bigger and better to read and customers are...
Replies
Views
P
Just checked the trusted tradesmen site and the plumbing and heating sections are now working,placing a listing is free and adds another string to...
Replies
Views
Andrewlo
A
C
Hello all, I am considering joining Trust a Trader as a plumber and the price is £495 per year, even more than Yellow Pages. Now the guy I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
A
Hello I've just signed up to a college course to my Basic plumbing NVQ level 2 which starts next September. I'd like to be able to get some...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock