Search the forum,

Discuss Driving ban in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Can't believe it, I got banned for 3 months for 12 points for two speeding offences on the same road from two different cameras. I had 6 points. I'm buggered now. I have no idea what I'm going to do. Wife's offered to drive for me but I reckon that would cause major arguments eventually. I was lucky I only got 3 months and not the normal 6 but I had a good motoring solicitor. I may have to pair up with someone.

Flippin' eck

Maybe find one of those guys offering to work for peanuts in exchange for work experience? He drives, you teach?

I have heard of people with more than 12 points and still keeping licence as their job depended on driving.

Not that lucky mate. I tried that one. He wasn't buying into it but did halve the ban length

Really sorry to hear that, JCSPLUMBING, sounds like Rays idea may be a good thing for you both, you never know you may get on so well that it becomes long term. I hope it works out well.

Yep , I feel for you mate, that must be a right sickener , depending on your speed/s I never really regard a few miles per hour over the limit much of a crime .

TBH the last thing you will get from me is sympathy. With 6 points already on your license you should have known better.
Its not like it was your first offence.

Speed cameras are the worst thing in this world, i'd say about 10% of people actually drive at the speed limit all the time

ive been lucky up to now though, i've gone through about 6-8 speed cameras that ive questioned my speed on afterwards but nothing in the post just yet

could actually be a benifit i know a few builders who lost their licence and had to start employing people and never looked back same as a friend of ours couldnt sell his and girlfriends flats in the middle of a recesion and were forced into renting them both out when the had to up size due to children and they now have a small property empire

Yep , I feel for you mate, that must be a right sickener , depending on your speed/s I never really regard a few miles per hour over the limit much of a crime .

All of mine over the years have been a SP30, anyone wanna guess what the lowest recorded speed was?

I got my points in Wales when on holiday visiting relatives. Seem more strict there

Thats a great idea Ray had, amount of folks on here looking for experience..... advertise a 3 month teach for keen learner with clean driving license lol.

For the record. Not looking for sympathy. I was doing 66mph on the first occasion and 70mph on the second. Both in a 60mph zone.
just do 70mph on the motorway and watch nearly everyone drive pass you. Crazy. I've even been passed by a police car before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got done twice in 3 weeks when I was driving hundreds of miles a day 1st time I couldn't argue 80 on a dual carriage way and I said to the policeman why have you pulled me over and not the car in front or the car behind both also doing 80 and his response was your in a van so 20mph over the limit, I said my van is under 3.5 tons so I can do 70 but he got his book out and showed me so I couldn't argue with that.

The 2nd time I was driving through a village I didn't know and spotted the camera van from miles away on a bend facing away from me. Not a problem as I was doing 30, I went round the bend and down the big hill and looked at my speedo and it had drifted up and a week later the letter came I was clocked at 37mph! I got offered the course and even the woman taking the course said it was a bit harsh!

Heard on radio yesterday that insurance Co are going to start upping costs on renewal for motoring offences, but no excuse for speeding, I know we all do it, but most people know where local camera's are , and spots used by police for Mobile units, was you paying attention at the time or on the Phone ??

always a solution, just get on it! lol

IMG_5667_LG.jpg

A mate of mine got a 12 month ban for drink driving and he just carried on driving and very luckily got away with it. But I am not suggesting that you do that

Its all about money not road safety, big government doesn't give a **** about you, all they want is your $

I lived with 9 points for my first few years in devon, got 3 speeding tickets in less than 3 months!!!!!

Driving a trackered company van makes you slow down. I'm constantly looking at the speed now. But my licence is clean so it can't be a bad thing. I think knowing that your livelihood depends on having a licence is deterrent enough.

I sat a moo sound on the Tom Tom so when the Mrs goes above the speed limit it moos. Surprised I am still alive

I'm not going to risk driving. Too many anpr cameras around nowadays. Might have to buddy up with one of my mates who's also a plumber. going to try to convince him tomorrow. I got a nice central heating job to tempt him with before xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Driving ban in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock