Discuss Draining rad circuit in reverse maisonette in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there is no door, entrance is on first floor two bedrooms and a bathroom on ground floor into a light well (which I havnt got access into) there are windows in these ground floor rooms but I'm not sure the external ground level is lower than the rad valve I'd be draining from.

Actually you've just solved it for me best, extra long hose up the stairs through property door down stairs to front door and out into street then down the hill would do it wouldn't it, gonna need a few hoses joined together methinks

Last edited:
Pity if you can't get a lower ground level within a long hose length distance.
I wish I had bought one of the single water pumps that Lidl had in a clearance sale for £15 for such an occasion.

Actually you've just solved it for me best, extra long hose up the stairs through property door down stairs to front door and out into street then down the hill would do it wouldn't it, gonna need a few hoses joined together methinks

As long as the hose can't draw air in, you will get it all drained.
Just starting it flowing is the bit to overcome, - that's why I suggested you drain entire system from ground floor so you have plenty head of water above it.
Be careful your hoses and rad valve connections are good and stay with it. Don't want dirty heating water all over

I would be wary of having hoses lying across ground and pathways for some clown to trip over and try to claim from you.

Indeed it's a busy part of town too. A drill pump into the bathroom seems like an option if I can't get a decent symphonic route, can get drill pump for £20

Drain all you can with a hose, then use a WET VAC.

And before you do any work in the lower level, check you can safely get out through a window in an emergency.

And if you're going to be using a blow lamp, a Fire extinguisher would be handy to prevent that possible emergency in the first place

Why not drain the top half like normal and the bottom half into a few buckets via a rad valve. Won't take long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining rad circuit in reverse maisonette in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back