Discuss Do you use a wet pressure tester? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I have always just trusted my soldering and filled the system slowly and checked each joint visually. I have done a few jobs where I am plumbing refurb from scratch and I am now wondering if I should really buy a wet pressure tester and do a proper test.

I have never really had a problem before but never say never.

Do you pressure test?

if your first fixing copper pipework that will be hard to access once the floors, ceiling and walls are finished then it can be a very good idea to pressure test the pipework. If its plastic is always good to pressure test.

I always pressure test. I just pump it up with a track pump I use a push fit scraeder valve

I test all new property at first fix. A load of speedfit caps and away you go.
Its a bit like taking an umbrella out so it doesn't rain. If you test you probably won't have any leaks, but if you don't you probably will!

I think you are right, it is time to buy a pressure tester, which one would you recommend?

Mark.

I have the plastic tanked rothenberger one. Takes ages to fill so if you can use a hose at first its quicker.

I have the plastic tanked rothenberger one. Takes ages to fill so if you can use a hose at first its quicker.

Yeh fit a tee on end of hose off hand pump fit a nrv or valve to branch then bush on a hose lock end. / easy to pre fill and isolate .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you use a wet pressure tester? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a seaside apartment in Azerbaijan, currently a bare core & shell, not even internal walls yet, and am intending to put in wet UFH with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock