Discuss Dishwasher querie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Dear All

Attended customers property yesterday and he explained the following problem to me. His dishwasher and washing machine were both plumbed into the same feed, but his dishwasher cuts out because there isnt enough flow of water. One of the units is plumbed in via a self cutting tap onto the cold feed, would this make a difference. He had been told that a Y piece would help or dedicated cold feed to both machines. As there is only one cold feed to the machines and the cold sink , what other option could there be to remedy this problem. Would a seperate branch off the cold feed make a difference??

Would welcome you thoughts on this

Regards Plum Bob:confused:

any thing is better than the self cutting connections if u unscrew it ther will be a small 4 to 5mm hole in the side of the pipe.
at a quid for a y peice try it and see!

ah, so I see the tiny hole is greatly restricting the flow, doh ! Should have realised that myself.

Thanks all the same.
Bob

agree with prs1 the other problem with self cutting washmac valves
is the cutting piece is hardened steel and will rust up after a while
regards turnpin:)

agree with prs1 the other problem with self cutting washmac valves
is the cutting piece is hardened steel and will rust up after a while
regards turnpin:)

I didn't know they rusted up but i have just kept clear of them due to the restrictiveness of them.

I hate restrictions in pipework so if i can avoid it I do

will not fit them myself and totally agree with you about restriction .know
of a case where a d.i.yer was told to turn off main stopcock under sink before fitting in case of problems but fitted on live side of main caused a lot of damage when it would not seal:eek:

Thanks Guys

All done jobs a good un and dishwasher now tickety boo!. Incidentally on inspection of the self cutting tap hole after I had taken it off found it to be tiny and clogged up with the remains of the rubber washer on the self cutting blade, there was no way anything but a trickle was getting through to that machine.

All the best Plum Bob..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher querie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock