Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt xrp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

i was using my dewalt xrp yesterday doing some joinery putting a load of screws into some frame work and a door.
after i finished i had decided it was 1/2'' out of the best position so i decided to take down and adjust.
well the first few attempts to unscrew the door got me scratching my head and chuffing to myself as the bit kept dropping out and not unscrewing. then i realised all it would do in reverse was undo the chuck????????????

well i realised something was amiss so took it down to the service centre today as it is still under warranty as i only purchased it in june.
i got them to check every thing with what i had purchased, they came back with this.

the chuck is knacked,
the bushes have gone,
and all 3 batteries shot.
wtf.:mad:

fortunately and fair enough (as long as they dont palm me of with re-furb's) they are going to sort it all by wednesday next week hopefully.

i thought these tools were a sound investment?.
anyone else had problems?.

had problems on my last dewalt drill chuck went out of warranty could not be replaced had to be ground off peice of **** went over to hitacthi

dewalt cordless drills are ***

I have a nice corded dewalt sds plus which i love!

I have to say if you want cordless go makita or bosch or milwaukee with 2.6 or 3.0 ah LITHIUM batteries only . . .

The battery is the worst part with dewalt

I have xrp drills, one old and two new and no problems (LI- ION batteries)
6 battery tools all dewalt and no problems at all.
Some of the old batteries have packed up but you get that with all makes.
I went to PHEX at old trafford and was impressed with Milwaukee but very expensive

i dont believe this..

i took this drill in on 4th november.. a week last wednesday and was told it will be done for the following tuesday.
i called them today to see what was going on as they told me it would be ready for next tuesday?.

there reply was- we are waiting for a new chuck and 3 new batteries. what the hell are they playing at i can get these myself in less than 3 days and i dont think it takes all this time to screw on a chuck==== crap service 9 working days without me tools, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dewalt xrp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
D
Anybody else got a Makita 8391 I've had mine for about 4 years and the last year has been a right pain..... First up the motor needed replacing after 3 years, then the little left hand thread screw in the bottom of the chuck needed replacing as it had done a houdini on me..... then it needed...
Replies
Views
Been almost 12 months since i left the army and feel like i'm learning every day. still got loads to learn but working for a good company who don't put pressure on me. Work is always local and they have been really good with me considering my lack of experience, always said i'd go out on my...
Replies
Views
Ok well I can only blame myself for this one...had a nightmare job today where everything going wrong..left my analyser in front cab on floor but didn't lock up..I know I'm a dumb git! Come back after dealing with this numpty of a customer and come out to see my paper work spread out on curb...
Replies
Views
mountainman
M
M
hi i have just bought some tools and was just wondering if they are good value for money DeWalt DCX5401 Cordless Toolkit 4 Piece 28 Volt DCX5401-GB now my mam got these from the factory shop brand new for £500 the guy in the shop told her it was such a good deal she bought them there and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock