Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt tough boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

just seen the dewalt tough system tool boxes what do others think of them looking at the ds300 as an everyday box

A mate of mine has e dewalt XR range which come in one of these. Looks really good quality mate, if I wanted a box I'd get one. They are waterproof as well with a sealed lid and look really tough, definitely the best box I've seen for power tools!

i have my soldering kit in the smaller one, and i have the double sliding drawers in the van for storage.
these are tough as, strong clips, i use mine as a little step, can easily take 14 stone weight.

IMG-20130422-00049.jpgIMG-20130422-00040.jpg

I'm going to buy more for storage and the trolly too for moving around boilers. (oil)

oooooooooh its got an air pressure release valve, thats sooooooooo useful! and its sealed to keep the dust and water out, which is soooooooooooooooooo clever, only problem is you have to open it to get at those rusty old tools. Muppet land, 4 buckets and an open tote, never fails and cheap as chips.

who's all upset now:)

I'll admit they are pricy and have a few gimmicks but they are good boxes,
they suit me and are pretty organised.

if you don't mind parting with the coin they are great :p

years of carting big boxes and all I think of now is what can I bin and is that needed, happy to go to service a boiler with everything in my sleevless waiscoat pockets and a fga bag:). Been boiler installing today and got the sack truck out to carry tools and parts, the custard picked up the boiler fm the van, brilliant:)

oooooooooh its got an air pressure release valve, thats sooooooooo useful! and its sealed to keep the dust and water out, which is soooooooooooooooooo clever, only problem is you have to open it to get at those rusty old tools. Muppet land, 4 buckets and an open tote, never fails and cheap as chips.

who's all upset now:)

Doubt anyone's upset, used to your opinionated tat being sprawled across most of the posts on this site by now, must be all that spare time you've got on your hands after trying to copy plimco plumbings pricing strategy in north Devon. Still, you picked the right user name.

no wonder you can only afford a couple of buckets.

handbags down ladys or i am confiscating lames hairspray wot he started next doors fire with:teeth_smile:

Sorry, but the OP wasn't asking for an opinion on how to get his tools into the house so why the need to post? He's pretty much trolling in these forums everyday.

i have the 300 size, it holds my 18v cir, rip saw, impact driver, drill driver and torch with batteries with ease. I dont have the tool tray that comes with it. IMAG00Dewalt box.jpg

it would be to large for me as a main hand tool box that i work out of due to its size. I like to have my hand tools next to me in an open tote bag.

brings to mind the essex girl syndrome, good to look at but doesnt do any work, spends all its time tidying and prepping to go out, an untidy van is often a symptom of working all hours.

i have the 300 size, it holds my 18v cir, rip saw, impact driver, drill driver and torch with batteries with ease. I dont have the tool tray that comes with it. View attachment 13434

it would be to large for me as a main hand tool box that i work out of due to its size. I like to have my hand tools next to me in an open tote bag.

Blooming heck, is that a dewalt showroom, hope you have a good alarm in that van!!!

brings to mind the essex girl syndrome, good to look at but doesnt do any work, spends all its time tidying and prepping to go out, an untidy van is often a symptom of working all hours.

Or a shoddy workman possibly ?

Yours must be immaculate then, but your computer desk must be a right mess.

my van is untidy mate need a sturdg box as I keep climbing over them - reiubed 2 stanlyt tool bags in 4 months by climbing on them to get to other things in the van lol.

I know chicken, doesn't do to get to get to wound up does it. Either way I guess we all do what works for us best. Bloody lovely kit though ;-)

I prefer nice drills etc by hilti or milwarkee, they earn money for me, pretty boxes only get dirty:)

The box mentioned is probably an ok tool box but for 55 quid are you having a laf? It is a plastic box to put tools in. For 55 quid i'd want a bj thrown in.
Another thing. Stackable!? If i stacked my box on top of anything else i'd need a sack barrow to move it.
Padlock eye! Give me a break. A swift kick and the top os off the box with the padlock hanging from one side so a lot of use that is.
It is however good marketing which seems to work given the amount of salivating over it :lol:

Ahh you prefer the dewalt to them?

for a number of reasons i mainly use my new dewalt stuff, performance, price, comfort, etc..... etc.....

i like my milwaukee stuff but its only used for heavy use jobs now, hilti are great for one off tools but offer a poor range of products and batts are too expensive for me.

the good thing is in recent years the competition between power tool companies has been to our benifit, you cant really go wrong with most of the stuff the main companies produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dewalt tough boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock