Currently reading:
core drill and core sets

Discuss core drill and core sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what kind of work you are planning on doing. I bought a set and a year later 3 of them are still unused!

if your work is intermittant re coring then a cheaper set is ok, but if you do a lot then a marchrist drill and cores make more sense, but quality costs a lot

Buy a decent core bit and I have to say I don't rate the Makita one I've got.
Makita 4 inch core bit cost about £80 and its crap. My old one lasted years and took some real abuse when I used to fit a lot of boilers but it completely wore down to nothing and I couldn't remember where it came from or I would have bought another.

Spend what you can afford it will pay in the long run.

Get a cheapish set and then replace the ones you wear out with decent ones. Saves splashing out for a whole set of decent cores and only using some of them once or twice.

those on fleabay will more than likely turn out as crap silverlines!!.

i.t tools have a set on sale for the same plus vat so i think they will be a better quality imo.
take a look@ its.co.uk

I have this set.

Erbauer 3 Diamond Core Set | NoLinkingToThis

Have served me well so far and don't seem to have worn at all.

hope you can help im looking at investing in a makita core drill and a 5pc core set
are the £70/£80 core sets from ebay any good or is it worth spending the cash on a dear set
11PC DIAMOND CORE DRILL BIT SET ALUMINIUM CASE 38-127MM BRAND NEW CONCRETE BLOCK | eBay

I have exactly that same set, before I bought them I spoke with the actual manufacture (uk based) and he recommended using them with a traditional chuck as opposed to sds. I do plenty if core drilling and I can't recommend this set highly enough. Hope this helps sped you descision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to core drill and core sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back