Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hope this is in the right place.

So this weekend some delightful charmer broke into my van and made off with all my Bosch 18v battery tools. Grinder, Jigsaw, multitool, brushless combi/impact set, SDS, Radio, light and my Metabo core drill. plus drill bits chisel bits, spare batteries etc etc. This leaves me in the unenviable position of having to replace the lot. Im interested in your opinions on brands, deals, multibuys etc Obviously as I now have to start again I am not tied to any brand. The Bosch stuff was good but what else is out there that you guys are using and how do you get on with it, strength, battery life etc.

Ta

I have a mixture of Milwaukee , makita and dewalt.
The Milwaukee is powerful , but feels cheap. The dewalt has mega power, but hasn't lasted very well. But the Makita brushless 18v stuff has it all for me. Powerful and takes some serious hammer.

Makita and bosch for sds

Makita all round for me! Did contemplate going to dewalt flexvolt but think its just overated!!

If I had to buy a new brand of cordless tools I would consider getting Makita (their top end stuff). Makita just seem so well sized, weighted and designed.
Avoid most 18volt Bosch cordless.
Metabo can be bought fairly reasonable if you get the twin kit with 3 batteries and buy any extra bare tools.
To complicate the answers - I have Hilti 22v cordless tools, which are very good if you can afford the small extra cost. Really tempting for thieves though.

Tried all of it over the years and now have milwaukee (those who are old enough Kango)

Wont get anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had my tools all knicked out the van last week so been replacing everything, got all my tools but can't decide on a SDS. I use all Milwaukee tools and previously always done corded SDS drills. Have heard cordless has come along way so was looking at the M18CHX Fuel. It did come out all the...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Lidl in my region are selling (from tomorrow) brushless 20 volt combi drill, circular saw and angle grinder. I believe they all come supplied each with a 5 ah battery and charger and all with 5 year warranty The combi drill is £69.99 and the other tools are £99.99. Not a lot of money (Hilti...
Replies
Views
Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ 18V 5.0AH LI-ION LXT CORDLESS COMBI DRILL & IMPACT DRIVER TWIN PACK Priced at £299.99 Or MILWAUKEE M18CBLPP2A-402C 18V 4.0AH LI-ION REDLITHIUM...
Replies
Views
Ordered a rip off makita drill a while back and used it for the first time today, its solid and performs better than my apprentices ryobi so if anybody is on a tight budget figured this might help you out. Just be warned it took ages to get here as the company ships them from china, they're...
Replies
Views
I currently have a blue Bosch corded multitool, but as I am also an electrician I often find myself needing my multitool when I have no power. I currently have the Milwaukee 18v sds, 18v hammer drill and 18v impact driver but the reviews I have read about the Milwaukee multitool don't seem to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock