Discuss core drill and core sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what kind of work you are planning on doing. I bought a set and a year later 3 of them are still unused!

if your work is intermittant re coring then a cheaper set is ok, but if you do a lot then a marchrist drill and cores make more sense, but quality costs a lot

Buy a decent core bit and I have to say I don't rate the Makita one I've got.
Makita 4 inch core bit cost about £80 and its crap. My old one lasted years and took some real abuse when I used to fit a lot of boilers but it completely wore down to nothing and I couldn't remember where it came from or I would have bought another.

Spend what you can afford it will pay in the long run.

Get a cheapish set and then replace the ones you wear out with decent ones. Saves splashing out for a whole set of decent cores and only using some of them once or twice.

those on fleabay will more than likely turn out as crap silverlines!!.

i.t tools have a set on sale for the same plus vat so i think they will be a better quality imo.
take a look@ its.co.uk

I have this set.

Erbauer 3 Diamond Core Set | NoLinkingToThis

Have served me well so far and don't seem to have worn at all.

hope you can help im looking at investing in a makita core drill and a 5pc core set
are the £70/£80 core sets from ebay any good or is it worth spending the cash on a dear set
11PC DIAMOND CORE DRILL BIT SET ALUMINIUM CASE 38-127MM BRAND NEW CONCRETE BLOCK | eBay

I have exactly that same set, before I bought them I spoke with the actual manufacture (uk based) and he recommended using them with a traditional chuck as opposed to sds. I do plenty if core drilling and I can't recommend this set highly enough. Hope this helps sped you descision.

Only invest if you get a return on your investment. Don't buy anything until you need it, unless its bread and butter gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to core drill and core sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to buy a core drill bit set for professional use. I want it all in the same case as I hate having odd tools rattling around but all...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to buy a core drill set (4inch, inch1/2, inch1/4) to use with my SDS drill. What sets would you recommend? I'm after something...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hope this is in the right place. So this weekend some delightful charmer broke into my van and made off with all my Bosch 18v battery...
Replies
Views
T
I'm a builder rather than plumber so hadn't used core drills until now. I've bought a Dewalt D21570K which was recommended by a plumber. I went...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock