Discuss cordless sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi well I've just bought a new makita cordless 18v x2 4ah batteries i was just wondering if anyone has got a makita 18v cordless SDS and are they powerful enough. They are rated to 20 mm in concrete so they will be alright for out side taps and probably blow offs in a few years time when i become gas safe. thanks dom

hi well I've just bought a new makita cordless 18v x2 4ah batteries i was just wondering if anyone has got a makita 18v cordless SDS and are they powerful enough. They are rated to 20 mm in concrete so they will be alright for out side taps and probably blow offs in a few years time when i become gas safe. thanks dom
Surely you'd need 22mm as you have to sleeve the pipe going through the wall

The one robs linked is ok, the smaller one is only good for fixings.

I have had my 24 makita for 10 years and its still going strong. Apart from battery changes.

there is only 2mm between them both drilling into concrete plus the batteries are quite pricey i think i will stick with the 18v while I'm still an apprentice its mainly for out side taps on a week end try to earn a bit more money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cordless sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I had my tools all knicked out the van last week so been replacing everything, got all my tools but can't decide on a SDS. I use all Milwaukee...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock