Discuss considering taking on an apprentice/ trainee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

As title guys n gals! Work is definitely picking up and getting relentless, majority of my work is for builders/ developers/ landlords, i dont do much private work. My problem is that these people usually pay day rate and its not a very high rate.....less than £200 ( i'm not based down south) . I could do with physical help and would like to pass on my skills to some unlucky git...........but, i want to pay as little as i can.

Is there any funding available? i've tried using google, but i dont know where to start.

thanks

college fees get paid the rest is down to you, but, I believe you can claim £1500 for taking one on

Thanks for the reply Lame plumber, what is the current hourly rate for a 15/16 year old, i cant keep up with all these pay increases folk get nowadays.

its soon to change to £3.30 an hour min 30hr week max 40hr week including college which you have to pay as if it's work.

£3.30 for a school leaver, who cant do jack...........P@ss take!

Something I was considering myself, but haven't really got into the details for it as yet.

I've got a guy starting on the 19th, he has done 1 year full time and seems very keen to learn, I'll be honest I'm nervous about it and a little excited, who knows what will happen but I think it's worth a go.

Good news, I think we've got to give these guys a chance as otherwise we are not pumping new blood in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to considering taking on an apprentice/ trainee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, a bit of an unusual post again but really at a loos with this one. I'm a little paranoid since I've worked for, and with cocaine...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am actually posting this question for my spouse. We are looking to move states. The state we are currently allows plumbers without a...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back