Discuss condenser boiler losing pressure when central heating is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iceman2307

Hey, I cant get a plumber till next year so thought id try this.
I have a alpha condensing boiler and it works fine...... But when the central heating goes off at night the pressure is at zero by the morning, we have to turn the little valve to fill it back up again. there doesn't seem to be any visible leaks or water dripping outside!
Please help.......

Could be small weep at a fitting whiuch you will never find. Best bet would be Fernox Leak Sealer into filling loop (heating side) and leave overnight. Could also be faulty expansion vessel!

Would a small weep be the amount of water needed to loose that much pressure?

Yes experienced it myself iceman. A weeping fitting will drop to zero overnight.

Have you noticed any water outside from the discharge pipe, the PRV may be passing. Also, how much pressure are you putting in?

There is no water outside (maybe a drip or two) and we're putting about 1.5 bar twice a day when the heating goes off.

When the heating is on, what pressure is the boiler going up to? You should not get any water out of the discharge pipe unless it is faulty or you are putting in too much pressure.

When heating goes off the pipework will contract hence it will probably be leaking from a fitting. If you check fittings/pipework which is visable first if no joy bottle of leak sealer. Less hassle....great results! Fernox injection cannister is easiest method using heating filling loop or radiatior.

As Bronzino has just said, is the copper pipe outside from the prv dripping or not dripping, it should be bone dry.

Thanks for the replys it sounds like bm1289 has answered it.... The copper pipe has dripped, i can see it on the wall. i also have a plastic pipe which looks dry! could it be the expansion vessel????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condenser boiler losing pressure when central heating is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock