Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler with rear flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m drawing up a spec for a new kitchen and this includes a new position for a new combi boiler.

I’m currently thinking of a Vokera Compact A because, using the rear flue, means that it can be sited underneath the worktop (although I need to allow for a moveable hatch in the worktop over).

I wonder if anyone has any comments on the Vokera – I’ve no particular preference regarding boilers but this is the only one that I could find that would take a rear flue and hence fit under the work top (the Glow Worm rear flue is not long enough to work for me)

If you are redoing the kitchen cant you fit the new boiler above the worktop in a cupboard?

currently fitting a vokera vision 30c with rear flue, its got a 7 year warantee and looks pretty decent!
its 720mm deep. wouldnt like to work on it on my hands and knees under the counter though!!

Vokera vision decent boiler - as with any if it's fitted correctly

Alternative Glowworm Energy

Not thick walls but flue has to extend through the pitch of the roof. The Vokera one is okay but not the Glow Worm.

You do know you will require access to all the joints over the length of the flue ;)

You do know you will require access to all the joints over the length of the flue ;)

Thanks.

The only joists involved will be the roof joists and the flue will go between 2 of them when going from the upstand wall on which the boiler is mounted through the slates to the external air.

Thanks.

The only joists involved will be the roof joists and the flue will go between 2 of them when going from the upstand wall on which the boiler is mounted through the slates to the external air.

He said joints not joists. :smile:

I’m drawing up a spec for a new kitchen and this includes a new position for a new combi boiler.

I’m currently thinking of a Vokera Compact A because, using the rear flue, means that it can be sited underneath the worktop (although I need to allow for a moveable hatch in the worktop over).

I wonder if anyone has any comments on the Vokera – I’ve no particular preference regarding boilers but this is the only one that I could find that would take a rear flue and hence fit under the work top (the Glow Worm rear flue is not long enough to work for me)
in terms of your first post was actually are the dimensions we are looking at herE? I.e. gap for the boiler distance to outside etc

Thanks.

Four joints as flue will be in either 0.5 or 1m pieces

Is any body reading these posts? It's a combi with a direct rear flue - can not be extend only joint is the one connecting it a the back of the boiler

Is any body reading these posts? It's a combi with a direct rear flue - can not be extend only joint is the one connecting it a the back of the boiler

We op said its the only one that can be extended

in terms of your first post was actually are the dimensions we are looking at herE? I.e. gap for the boiler distance to outside etc

Here's a section - excuse the scribbled "computer writing". The flue is just long enough to give a tightest dimension to slate of 300MM

Capture temp 1.JPG

Realise it's not to scale but it doesn't look it

And is that flue 2m below the velux?

Thanks for your comments.

It's not directly below the Velux - it's 350mm offset from the corner of the Velux horizontally and then 600mm down the roof line (to where the flue hits the slate, not the end of the flue which is min. 300mm from slate)

600mm from edges of velux and 2m below

I guess you are saying that that is the minimum dimensions for the flue positioning?

If so, how does that work? It would suggest that if a flue was 1m below a line drawn horizontally from the bottom of the Velux, then even if it was 10m away it wouldn't comply?

Draw a box 2m below and 600 either side if it's in that box it's a no go

Thanks for that.

In the Vokera Manual I can see the 600mm measurement if to side of a Velux and the 2000mm measurement if below but no indication of the relevant measurement when the flue is not directly to the side nor directly below. It makes sense however to have a measurement for that scenario - I was relying on Vokera Technical who said,

"Yes, that would be fine. As long as the 300mm clearance to the slate is maintained and it is at least 300mm from the velux window ."

Do you happen to have a source to the diagram you describe please?

I'll draw Vokera Technical's attention to your post to see if they have a comment.

Thanks again.

You should really get a gs engineer in to spec this do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler with rear flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have. After using our shower for around five minutes it seems to be causing the boiler to lock out. It’s a thermostatic mixer shower running from a Worcester Greenstar 30si combi boiler. Weirdly, this only seems...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock