Discuss coal fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fire was previously a back boiler, it had pot tube like liners as a chimney,can these be used for solid fuel....

i have a gas supply pipe in builders opening cemented through a bricked up wall,whats the regs distance on it been there if i want to change the builders opening from ilfe to solid fuel coal fire,surley it must be removed entirely

have you got a picture of the flue desrob? i cant quite imagine what its like.

for example if its a manufactured flue it must be rated above 400*c.

i would def remove the gas pipework completely. Check the thicknesses of the constructional hearth and builders opening walls etc... as building control checks can be failed on this type of thing.

I can't see it being a 12" liner. Afaik you don't get one but i may be wrong. Most brick chimneys are 9" x 9". Modern chimneys are lined with precast or salt glazed liners of 8 or 9" daimeter. If you are not sure get someone in to check at the customers expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to coal fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock