Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss City & Guilds 6217 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rudeboytee

Hi everyone,
I am due to start a 16 week course at college after which i will gain city & guilds 6217. I have been told that this is replacing the 6022 and is a better qualification, has anyone heard about the 6217? Any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

6217 is nothing to do with plumbing, if i remember its bicklaying etc.
6022 or 6032 is worthless as they are not a industry recognised qualification.

you need the 6129 tech cert and 6089 nvq 2.

if you not sure talk to city & guilds they will exsplain what is reconised and what is not.

sounds like another training scheme trying to take your money. all these fast track courses are run by cowboys who didn't succeed in the real world of plumbing.

I have the name of the qualification its 6217 introductory certificate in basic construction skills, OCN level 2 domestic plumbing.Looking at what the course contains it covers all aspects of jointing & bending pipework, fitting rads,cwc etc it even contains basic tiling.
I get the impression the 6217 can cover many different trades within the industry.

6217 yes your probably right many trades but it worth nothing in the plumbing career.

Hi am a new memeber,
can you please explain to me anything you know about the btsc in Chessington. who are they?

the 6217 is a level 1 course for basic trades. the college can select units, some are brick, plumb etc. the qual is the same but the units differ, L1 IS A BASIC COURSE THATS ALL

I have the name of the qualification its 6217 introductory certificate in basic construction skills, OCN level 2 domestic plumbing.Looking at what the course contains it covers all aspects of jointing & bending pipework, fitting rads,cwc etc it even contains basic tiling.
I get the impression the 6217 can cover many different trades within the industry.
We offer the OCN level 2 in plumbing at our centre. And it does cover everything to do with domestic plumbing. It is absolutely perfect for bathroom fitters and wet plumbers working in a domestic situation.

It is a recognised TRAINING certificate and can be used towards gaining your NVQ2 :)

hi proff plumb, OCN2, do you have a link to the awarding body page please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds 6217 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I am considering on enrolling on a level 2 & 3 City and Guilds 6035 in plumbing. Just a general question really, is this course a...
Replies
Views
Seanyboy
S
S
Hi, I could do with some of your help please. Last September I started an intense City & Guilds Level 2 (6035) course, I finished/completed it...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock