Discuss central heating pressure gauge, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uk1simon

hello,

I want to install a pressure gauge in my ch system. the only gauges I can find online are male threaded 1/4". The problem is I can't find any female straight connectors 15mm x 1/4". On the other hand there are loads of 1/2" or 3/4" but I cant find any 1/2 or 3/4in gauges.
I suppose all these 1/4" gauges are for pressure reducing valves and it doesn't make sense to buy a pressure reducing valve if I only want a basic pressure gauge.

regards,
simon

You want a 15x15x1/2" tee like this,

15_15_half_Compression_Tee_1.jpg

And a 1/2"x1/4" brass bush, like this.

large.jpg

If you have a 15mm pipe already there, teed off from somewhere, you could also use a female straight 1/2" x 15mm & use a 1/2"x1/4" brass bush, as above ^^ into it.
That's usually what I do.

[emoji328] [emoji735] [emoji638] = [emoji638] [emoji646] [emoji646] [emoji646] Words

You are right- you can't argue with a good clear photograph.
So always wear a wig & dark glasses if out in public with another woman. :smile:

thanks a lot for your advice. the pics explain everything, brilliant.
I wonder how you fit 1/4in gauge to 22mm pipe. do you use two bushes 3/4 x 1/2 and then 1/2 x 1/4?

regards
simon

I'm still intensely interested in the ways of fitting a pressure gauge.
If I didn't want to use a 1/2" compression fitting as shown in above posts, would it be alright to use an end feed tee and a female coupling 1/2" like this one (different size on this pic below):

pegyoend88123.jpg

would this cause inaccurate readings due to air trapped between the tee and the 1/2" female coupling?
please refer to this image

ET_drain.jpg

is it better to install the gauge upside down, or flat, horizontally?

regards,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating pressure gauge, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock