Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss central heating pressure gauge, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uk1simon

hello,

I want to install a pressure gauge in my ch system. the only gauges I can find online are male threaded 1/4". The problem is I can't find any female straight connectors 15mm x 1/4". On the other hand there are loads of 1/2" or 3/4" but I cant find any 1/2 or 3/4in gauges.
I suppose all these 1/4" gauges are for pressure reducing valves and it doesn't make sense to buy a pressure reducing valve if I only want a basic pressure gauge.

regards,
simon

You want a 15x15x1/2" tee like this,

15_15_half_Compression_Tee_1.jpg

And a 1/2"x1/4" brass bush, like this.

large.jpg

If you have a 15mm pipe already there, teed off from somewhere, you could also use a female straight 1/2" x 15mm & use a 1/2"x1/4" brass bush, as above ^^ into it.
That's usually what I do.

[emoji328] [emoji735] [emoji638] = [emoji638] [emoji646] [emoji646] [emoji646] Words

You are right- you can't argue with a good clear photograph.
So always wear a wig & dark glasses if out in public with another woman. :smile:

thanks a lot for your advice. the pics explain everything, brilliant.
I wonder how you fit 1/4in gauge to 22mm pipe. do you use two bushes 3/4 x 1/2 and then 1/2 x 1/4?

regards
simon

I'm still intensely interested in the ways of fitting a pressure gauge.
If I didn't want to use a 1/2" compression fitting as shown in above posts, would it be alright to use an end feed tee and a female coupling 1/2" like this one (different size on this pic below):

pegyoend88123.jpg

would this cause inaccurate readings due to air trapped between the tee and the 1/2" female coupling?
please refer to this image

ET_drain.jpg

is it better to install the gauge upside down, or flat, horizontally?

regards,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Fit a swan knack. Avoids air. Also what's going on with all those fittings? Looks like an excited DIY job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating pressure gauge, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock