Discuss can you get reverse circulation on a 2 2 port heating system in a bungalow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I was installing a heating system where I was running the hot water circuit as the last T. He asked me why I was doing it and then said that that was only applicable if it is thermo syhoning and on a 3 port valve. I told him it had nothing to do with thermo syphonng but the pump pushing it. Does anyone have a good diagram? It only shows a 3 port valve in my design guide

What exactly do u want to know? U concerned that heat may leak into hwc? Pressurised or open vent ? Splan ?

Whoever it was you were speaking to was talking through their rse.
You were right.

Some customers know a little information and its annoying when they try and tell you how hw yo do your job.
pa few Yeats ago a retired engineer was tellin me how fluid dynamics worked in heating systems (boring).
Lost my attention as soon as he started to inform me about " Go and Return pipes"

didnt bother to correct him:wheelchair:

Since i'm bored here is a drawing
backflow.jpg

Thanks guys. He was not actually the custard but the guy that used to teach me plumbing. I thought I was right. I kept telling him that but he would not believe.

Cracking diagram tamz.:)

What exactly do u want to know? U concerned that heat may leak into hwc? Pressurised or open vent ? Splan ?

S plan. I was explaining to him that it would heat the rads when water was on. He didn't believe me. He kept mumbling on about there having to be a vertical pipe to thermosyphon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can you get reverse circulation on a 2 2 port heating system in a bungalow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back