Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boiler keeps losing pressure on a daily basis. If I have a faulty pressure relief valve how long would it take to see discharge from outside pipe after repressurising boiler to say 2 bar. I can't see any water from discharge pipe from outside and if the pipes were leaking I would have seen it by now as I have been losing and topping up 2 bar of pressure daily. What is worrying me is that there is water going somewhere. I can hear water filling into bathroom radiator when I top up boiler pressure. Thanks

Boiler cold fill pressure is 1 bar. Put a container under the discharge or tie a balloon or thin rubber glove over it that can burst easily if you don't want to wait for it. Its most often a pressure vessel issue which requires a GSR to look at it. Likely to be within the boiler casing and therefore not a DIY job. Otherwise a leak elsewhere.

Boiler cold fill pressure is 1 bar. Put a container under the discharge or tie a balloon or thin rubber glove over it that can burst easily if you don't want to wait for it. Its most often a pressure vessel issue which requires a GSR to look at it. Likely to be within the boiler casing and therefore not a DIY job. Otherwise a leak elsewhere.

I have tied a bag around discharge pipe. Only about a thimble full of water in about 4 days. I have been topping up pressure daily. Can't see any leaks anywhere. Rad valves OK. Water would be coming through ceiling by now. No pipes going underground. Thanks

Have you checked the condense pipe (white) for continuous discharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock