Discuss Boiler I. D. For high reading on analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Depends on the appliance, if it’s an open flued boiler it would be I.D. If it’s a fan flue’d room sealed appliance it’s at risk.

Have a look at the GIUSP
So if a fan flue'd room sealed boiler was giving a CO/CO2 ratio of 0.008 or above this would still be immediately dangerous? With a reading between 0.004 and 0.007 would be an at risk situation? The GIUSP was a good, informative read thanks.

So if a fan flue'd room sealed boiler was giving a CO/CO2 ratio of 0.008 or above this would still be immediately dangerous? With a reading between 0.004 and 0.007 would be an at risk situation? The GIUSP was a good, informative read thanks.

I would say it would be AR above 0.008 and AR for your others. It just states unsatisfactory ratio’s is AR for flued appliance, doesn’t quote any ratio.

If technically not ID it's a seriously poorly boiler and I'd want to cap it.
Remember the regs are just guidelines really and you cant get in too much trouble for being careful, categorise it as you like. ID for me, for a fault I haven't found - but is definitely there.

You cant just categorise as you like. An AR is an AR you cant ID it just because because you haven't found the fault, you find the fault and categorise accordingly.

When I reset my acs there was a section about unsafe procedures and you would of failed it.

Bad advice in my view.

If technically not ID it's a seriously poorly boiler and I'd want to cap it.
Remember the regs are just guidelines really and you cant get in too much trouble for being careful, categorise it as you like. ID for me, for a fault I haven't found - but is definitely there.

I dont know you,Knapper, so I mean no direct disrespect. Too many reach for the cap kit, just to CYA. We are, generally, reasonaby apid professionals - and should take the job seriously. That includes having the confidence to follow the rules, but to be able to work out the problem. You should not ID a boiler if it is "poorly" - only if there IS an "immediate danger".

And you are wrong - if you wrongly, say, deprive a tenant of heat and HW you could end up being sued, although I cannot say that has ever happened. But if I was the said tenants were my kids or elderly parents in law, I can promise you that you would know about it.

I'm not a cap it and leave kinda guy.
In retrospect my advice was bad and was probably thinking of the badly corroded boiler with holes all over it as detailed above.
As a self employed engineer I have much more control over my jobs and asses them all on their own merit.
If just poor combustion on an otherwise healthy looking boiler then I'd work until the issue was resolved and failing that I'd decide how to categorise it based on it's own merit.
If the boiler was in poor condition and not a lifeline to an elderly or infirm customer then I'd easily find good reason to ID it for compounding issues (like corrosion). The poor combustion is just an alarm to prompt further investigation.
In practice on an AR boiler that I've arranged to replace I'd give the customer the warning notice and then tell them it's ok to use - but then id fail my ACS for that too!
I do get a bee in my bonnet about applying the regs to the letter and like to use my own judgement in the grey areas, I was a commercial engineer and perhaps making judgement calls is more necessary in that sector?

Reply to Boiler I. D. For high reading on analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm looking into changing my conventional boiler (Worcester 30CDi conventional) to a Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 30kW Combi. My house...
Replies
Views
I had to move an existing Vokera unica 32i today for a kitchen upgrade so I stuck my analyser in afterwards, my ratio is fine and reading 0.0011...
Replies
Views
Had to switch off an old fellas heating today as he had no fixed ventilation for warm air unit, tried to argue the benefits of letting him use it...
Replies
Views
Sorry - I should have posted this in the Central Heating section. Hello All, I don`t know how many Members would be affected by this and at...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock