Discuss Boielr next to gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7

I am looking to have a Worcester Bosch compact fitted in my kitchen cupboard as per below.

Imagine if I to the right of the boiler was an extractor and on the worktop there was a gas hob. Would this be allowed?

A guy I had round today said it wouldn't be allowed as the boiler is plastic and the gas hob would produce too much heat.

If that was the case surely the door of the unit would burn away/get damaged before the plastic did?!?!

greenstar-cdi-compact-kitchen_7c3c70ee333ba3d835107300a6fad394.jpg

Imagine if the boiler was there first, hob gets fitted to mi's regarding clearances and everything's fine so as long as clearances are okay then good to go

As said above..and above that

Last edited by a moderator:
the space/ cupboard above the hob needs to be the same size or larger than the hob, the cupboards need to be a cetain distance above the hob. Follow the hobs installation instructions and its clearances and it should be ok but also read your boilers installation instructions and maybe phone WB for advise if unsure.

also if the extract is vented to outside it needs to be away from the boiler flue.

Your problem is not the hob it's your choice of boiler

Or even the choice of "Guy"

Is the boiler going to be fitted into an existing cupboard or fitted to a blank wall then the cupboard installed around the boiler?

It may be the Guy, did not have the confidence of getting the boiler in exactly the right place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boielr next to gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock