Discuss Bleed Screw Snapped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beefcake01uk

1 of my rads bleed screws has snapped is there any way to fix this or do i need a new rad? As i cant bleed it

you can buy a stud extractor set from machine mart and try that but will be bloody fiddly.
being a pretend plumber tho i would just junk the rad and cuss as i do it, and would be quicker,.
just thought, try if u like- drill a small hole in rad screw in a self tapper (s/s) with small washer on it to seal?. worth a try or chang rad.

No you can buy a new air bleed valve. It depends on what sort of rad it is.

Probably best to drill it out and tap a new thread for a complete new bleed valve. They are usually only made of brass so its not hard to do.

Some rads have a 1/2" cap with a bleed valve in it. Just take it off and renew the whole unit, they cost about £1 - £2. You can usually buy them at any Plumbers merchant or perhaps even B and Q.

Turn off rad though and drain it, before you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed Screw Snapped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock