Discuss BG AR missing screw from fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princegoose

Hi, going out to a job tomorrow. Old lady says BG have At Risked her Valor Fire as theres a screw missing. Her reply was, well its only BG who touch the fire so its your responsability.

Sounds about right to me.

Big question is, can anyone give any suggestions as to what screw missing could AR a fire, ive been trundeling throuch the MIs online but nothings shouting at me. Could be one i show the GS inspector when he comes out in a weeks time. :confused:

screw head on restrictor elbow maybe

details of screws here [DLMURL]http://www.valor.co.uk/valor/website.nsf/940%20Decadent,%20Adorn,%20Visage,%20Icon,%20Dream,%20Eternal,%20Obsession%20install%20and%20owner%20%285122722-02%29.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
know that fire well,could be burner locating screw,wire fixing kit screw or gas lever screw which i doubt its the later as fire would not work,dont forget to check aeration setting is correct this can get over looked,also this has a cast heavy facia screw missing from this could be perceived as ar but ott, this would be 2ba threaded 20 mm long

Last edited by a moderator:
??? says in MIs aeration Non-adjustable.

hope i havent got wrong MIs, i hope she definitly has.

could be a early one that used coals only,when BAXI took over the aeration setting was made adjustable for coals/pebbles

could be a early one that used coals only,when BAXI took over the aeration setting was made adjustable for coals/pebbles

ah yeah, all she gave me was valor BR622, so its an old one, unless other models has BR622 code as well, am i going along the right lines?

no worries pg and thanks hihowudoin for the pdf the 940 is a shed prone to microswitch problems causing the lot to shut down,so be careful with the yellow wires

does it have the aeration setting? or do i need to look at the arena?

no it didnt any adjustment show on arena , just one option of coals

ive caught up with you both, were you looking at the pdf??

thanks

so i dont need to check aeration setting?? tbh i wouldnt have known to :-(

the pdf is for the later model adorn(940) not the br622 (circa2000) theres no aeration adjustment on the early one.

ive caught up with you both, were you looking at the pdf??

thanks

so i dont need to check aeration setting?? tbh i wouldnt have known to :-(

no no need to check it or the yellow wire issue,just go trough it with all the usual tests and look for missing screws

Job done, BG service engineer couldnt get one of the fixing bolts off so couldnt check the flue. i was still there for 2 and half hours mind. for a set price service. poo. happy old lady though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG AR missing screw from fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Good evening... As the post states. I am going through paperwork before work begins again tomorrow AM. I have an unpaid job, it is from a very...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock