Discuss Balanced feeds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flappy8

Morning,

I have two questions....

I presume that taking a toilet cistern feed of the balanced cold is fine and itdoesn’t need to be run back and connected before the PRV?

On a kitchen sink we have a mixer - Can we run a cold feed pre the softener, andfit 1 2bar PRV so that it matched the balanced and connect like that?

Yes to both.
Kitchen taps have separate spouts for hot and cold. I'd only fit a prv if it's difficult to control. Its usually fine.

Yes to both.
Kitchen taps have separate spouts for hot and cold. I'd only fit a prv if it's difficult to control. Its usually fine.
Not all do. Check the mis if it says to fit check valves then it is likely the waters mix in the spout or body in which case fit check valve and given pressure reducing valves are not mega expensive I would fit one on the unsftened cold to the kitchen tap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balanced feeds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock