Search the forum,

Discuss Heat pump unvented install balanced cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each cold feed appliance that is of a mixer valve type. Thank you.

Or install the combo valve under the sink with the stop tap

If its a combi its likely you'll have 15mm colds and hots everywhere so I would probably be looking at re-piping to 22mm plus putting in the balanced cold to allow the outside tap and kitchen sink to remain at street pressure. If its just a single bathroom then possibly do as you've suggested, but future proofing it is a good selling point to the customer and more money in your pocket.

Sorry yes I didn't think about that. Unvented cylinders usually need require a 22mm supply. Could be a re pipe from stop tap? But some are installing this systems in a day in a team of 3 or 4.

Normally remove the meter if no other appliances

Supplier owned

Reply to Heat pump unvented install balanced cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock