Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi i started this thread.... Freebies this way please!

Thanks for the pm Mark (mate :presents3:)

I'll let you know how I get on :hurray:

I do like my Bahco stuff and we have quite a bit of it. One gripe about the large hacksaw though, I've had two snap in the last four years, both after about 18 months of ownership :(

I like Bhaco stuff, and I've got to add, I haven't snapped my hacksaw. Haven't got their junior hacksaw. Got a old Eclipse one.

Can you get replacement springs for bahco's?
Had a quick look but no joy.
I've got an old bahco 31' alligator with a bit of play, but there's no spring on the roller??????

Mark Haywood.

Hello Mark. I contacted the lad you put me on to but he can't get the Bahco spare spring/screw.
Do you (or anyone) know where I could get one of these springs?
After all, it's only a spring!

It's like the spring pictured on the label in this link.....

Bahco Adjustable Spanner Repair Kit, Worm wheel and pin. | eBay

Ta :crazy:

Some of the best tools you can get are old British made ones second hand off ebay and car boot sales! They just don't make stuff like they used to.

Hello All
We don't deal direct but I will investgate another option to get a win/win

Let me investigate........

I'd just like to thank Bahco (and Mark^^^^) for sorting me out with a new jaw/knurl kit for my Bahco 31 adjustable.
I only needed the spring out of it but they sent me the kit, so I fitted the spring and screw/roller today and it works perfectly! :25:

Mine is the older one without the hole in the handle (pre 1990) according to Wrenches with

By the way Mark, the jaw in the new kit does NOT fit the older adjustable. It won't slide in but I wouldn't have used it anyway. :D

So a big 'SHOUT OUT' to Bahco, probably the best adjustable's in the world!!! :hurray:

If anyones interested, i've got two bahco 9031's in front of me now. One is an older one with made in sweden inscribed on it and the other is a newer one with no mention of where it has been made on it, so i presume its a spanish made one.

There is no difference between the two. Both appear to be identical and both have around 0.7-0.8mm of "jaw wobble" :)

I might have to try one of these irega's as i would like to have an adjuastable with less jaw wobble.

I've got both, Impressed at first with irega spanner but jaws have now started jaw wobble. The irega does however open slightly wider which is handy in some situations.

Hello All
As you know we do not sell direct, the range fo tools can be bought "at all good retail outlets" however I do know that the range is stocked and competitevly priced at buybrandtools.com

Never heard of Teng.

So they're kind of like Snap-On then? I never consider checking suppliers of mechanic's tools to be honest, maybe I'll take a nose.

I got a Teng socket set. Lifetime guarantee.

Don't know if it's as good as Snap-on though, hardly use it.

Does feel quality though :yes:

I have the 8" bacho feels like its opening when I put lots of pressure on it

My Bahcos have slipped twice in recent weeks resulting in deep cuts in two different fingers. Very nippy!
sick of constantly having to adjust them each time I try to use them. Next cut and it is goodnight Vienna for them.

My Bahcos have slipped twice in recent weeks resulting in deep cuts in two different fingers. Very nippy!
sick of constantly having to adjust them each time I try to use them. Next cut and it is goodnight Vienna for them.

Nowt to worry about mike. You're over the worst of it

The first cut is the deepest..........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forget adjustable wrenches, get a set of Vb wrenches from Nerrad Tools. Got mine from Corgi Direct, cannot slip, will not slip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the new ones arent so good.

That said, no adjustable spanner is infallible. My old Bhacos will still slip occasionally.

Apparently the new ones arent so good.

That said, no adjustable spanner is infallible. My old Bhacos will still slip occasionally.

I just got told off on Saturday for using my Bahco adjustables!
Guy is a workshop engineer & said he's surprised all plumbers use adjustables as he would only ever use proper sized open spanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock