Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye seen them on ebay too and have saved one on my watch list to consider....dont want to be buying too many wrenches of same size though, unless its normal to have a spare or something....have now got 7" & 9" footprints, 8" Bahco 8072 (unused made in Sweden purchase from ebay), 9" pump pliers.....so was thinking maybe a 12" is all im likely to need.....correct me if wrong though folks.

Well i have found a guy on ebay that had an old unused reversable jaw version of the 9072 and this was made in Sweden so have bought it at a wee bargain price of £10 delivered along with a old unused 8071 for a tenner too.....here's a picture of the 9072.

imagejpeg

cant seem to attach the pics. oh well..

Attachments

• 9072 front.jpg
    9072 front.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P1040456.jpg
    P1040456.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 50
These:

IREGA 8" (200mm) Super Wide 39mm Ergo Adjustable Wrench | eBay

Put them next to the 8" Bahcos and they are very similar apart from:
-The wheel is slightly bigger so you don't catch your thumb on the wheel housing around it.
-The handle is much nicer. Hardwearing, but is soft and warm feeling, and slightly springy.
-The jaw movement action seems a lot smoother than the Bahcos.

Apart from that it's identical. But the Irega is like someone sat down with an 8" Bahco and said 'Right, how can we make this even better'.

I agree, to me though it seems that Bahco are throttling back on quality and have been doing so for sometime whereas Irega have seen what's been going on and gone full steam ahead with improving quality.

My Irega's are are a fantastic bit of the kit, I have the 8 and 6inch SWO's. wouldn't go back to Bahco's now.

Was told today the PTS have removed the Bahco spanners from their keyworded item list.

These:

IREGA 8" (200mm) Super Wide 39mm Ergo Adjustable Wrench | eBay

Put them next to the 8" Bahcos and they are very similar apart from:
-The wheel is slightly bigger so you don't catch your thumb on the wheel housing around it.
-The handle is much nicer. Hardwearing, but is soft and warm feeling, and slightly springy.
-The jaw movement action seems a lot smoother than the Bahcos.

Apart from that it's identical. But the Irega is like someone sat down with an 8" Bahco and said 'Right, how can we make this even better'.
they are exactly the same as channel locks code blue while not bad tools the handles crack after a while heres a pic go compare
Channellock 6WCB WideAzz Adjustable Wrench with Code Blue Grips,Over 1-1/2-Inch Opening 8-Inch Overall Length - Amazon.com

Hello All
Since 2006 the whole production process, tools, machineery and skills to produce the range of Bahco Adjustable Wrenches was transferred to the Bahco facility in Spain. The range includes the standard 80 series, the 90 series with handle and such varients as -P which has a reversibel jaw for use as a pipe wrench, -T which has a thin jaw profile to increase access, for example on locking nuts. The family 9029, 9031, 9033 & 9035 are all part of the wide jaw range where a shorter handle length than normal is used to offer extra access when needed on large dimension hexagons. You can see more of the range on the Bahco website www .bahco. com. I hope this helps

Hello All
Since 2006 the whole production process, tools, machineery and skills to produce the range of Bahco Adjustable Wrenches was transferred to the Bahco facility in Spain. The range includes the standard 80 series, the 90 series with handle and such varients as -P which has a reversibel jaw for use as a pipe wrench, -T which has a thin jaw profile to increase access, for example on locking nuts. The family 9029, 9031, 9033 & 9035 are all part of the wide jaw range where a shorter handle length than normal is used to offer extra access when needed on large dimension hexagons. You can see more of the range on the Bahco website www .bahco. com. I hope this helps

are you a bacho employee?

i have some bacho adjustable's that say made in france?

Yes I work for Bahco, I am keen to know the history of the Adjustable Wrench that is identified as being made in France, which model is it?

I have the old type Britool adjustables and they are the dogs danglies. Beware of the new Britool "expert" branded ones as these are foreign made rubbish.

Yes I work for Bahco, I am keen to know the history of the Adjustable Wrench that is identified as being made in France, which model is it?

i will find them out this weekend and let you know, hidden in back of shed at the mo.

i will find them out this weekend and let you know, hidden in back of shed at the mo.

You are not going to find real ones stamped Made in France you may have been mistaken.

Mark Haywood, what are you/Bahco doing about the massive quality difference between old and new? Will they ever be the same again?

Hi Mark :yes:

Could you send me a free full set of Bahco adjustables please?

Lots of love, LS x

:presents2:

Can you get replacement springs for bahco's?
Had a quick look but no joy.
I've got an old bahco 31' alligator with a bit of play, but there's no spring on the roller??????

Can you get replacement springs for bahco's?
Had a quick look but no joy.
I've got an old bahco 31' alligator with a bit of play, but there's no spring on the roller??????

Hi LegionellaSlave
The part number you need is 31-95, this comprises jaw, knurl, pin & spring

Mark Haywood, what are you/Bahco doing about the massive quality difference between old and new? Will they ever be the same again?[/QUOTE]
Hello Gav8
The manufacturing tolerances used previously where much tighter however there is always a pay off between reachng standards, having a product that we are proud to be associated with at a price that is acceptable to the market, the wrenches made today are all fully within the multitude of specifications needed (BS, ISO, ANSI) however if you look at our 95 series of adjustable wrenches these have a side screw action as opposed to the traditional centre knurl, the benifit of these is their strength and the finer adjustment that can be made due to a different manufacturing process that can't be replicated by the normal adjustables. For what its worth these are also the adjustable of choice for the MOD. Hope this helps,
loadImage.aspx

Hi LegionellaSlave
The part number you need is 31-95, this comprises jaw, knurl, pin & spring

Hello Mark, thanks for the reply.

I only need the spring mate. Not the full spare kit with jaw etc.
Any idea where I could get one?
It's not worth me buying the 31-95, a few extra ££'s will get a complete new wrench.

Thanks again ;)

We have recently started doing a job of the month competition. Winner chosen by the person who donates the prize.

Mark Haywood, what are you/Bahco doing about the massive quality difference between old and new? Will they ever be the same again?
Hello Gav8
The manufacturing tolerances used previously where much tighter however there is always a pay off between reachng standards, having a product that we are proud to be associated with at a price that is acceptable to the market, the wrenches made today are all fully within the multitude of specifications needed (BS, ISO, ANSI) however if you look at our 95 series of adjustable wrenches these have a side screw action as opposed to the traditional centre knurl, the benifit of these is their strength and the finer adjustment that can be made due to a different manufacturing process that can't be replicated by the normal adjustables. For what its worth these are also the adjustable of choice for the MOD. Hope this helps,
loadImage.aspx

[/QUOTE]
60% of my tooling is bacho my adjustables are my main tools,if my apprentice left those anywhere he would have his pay docked the only 2 of your recent products that quite frankly are tat are that stupid pump pliers that does not really fit anything and your junior hacksaws the frame is to flimsy i had one for a day and returned it to the merchants

I use a Bahco jnr hacksaw.
Never had a problem with it and I cut a lot of stainless with it.
In fact, the bahco hacksaw blade that it came with it lasted for ages.

[/QUOTE]
60% of my tooling is bacho my adjustables are my main tools,if my apprentice left those anywhere he would have his pay docked the only 2 of your recent products that quite frankly are tat are that stupid pump pliers that does not really fit anything and your junior hacksaws the frame is to flimsy i had one for a day and returned it to the merchants[/QUOTE]

Hello Gasman
We have a number of frames in the assortment, the basic version is the 239 as show
loadImage.aspx

We also have the 268 whihch is more stable, and may suit your needs better
loadImage.aspx

Hope this helps

you wont find any standard junior hacksaw to be great(as good as older ones) today imo, i have several and they are all poor compared to the old ones my dad left me when he passed. Same with all tools, record,hilmor etc..... alot of poor stuff now. Thats why ebay is so great as you can still get your hands on older stuff in good nick.

I borrowed a recent Bahco adjustable and they aren't that good now and the jaws wobble. I have an own brand "Kennedy"adjustable from Cromwell and it's miles better for a lot less money.

My best Junior Hacksaw is an old Eclipse with part die cast frame and tightening nut, from the 1980s.

As for regular hacksaws, the Sandvik original has set the standard for many years and I hope Bahco don't cheapen that one. I have 2, one original 12" one and another cut down to take 10" blades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock