Search the forum,

Discuss Back to wall closed couple toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is there an easy way to fit pan fixings to the floor on a back to wall pan? Other than measuring the distance from the wall to the hole and the distance between the inside of the pan width????

Put the pan in place and draw around it, mark a line opposite each fixing hole then remove and drill, you may need to check the pan thickness.

Put the pan in place and draw around it, mark a line opposite each fixing hole then remove and drill, you may need to check the pan thickness.

I knew there would be, I just couldn't see it in my pea sized brain this evening ;)

Cheers ch4

And angle the brackets slightly to suit the casting.

Also pray there are no pipes or cables below...

If they are l shape they normally are angled mate.

Last one I did had quite a curve on the inside casting and putting the L shaped brackets square to the room skirting boards wouldn't have worked so I slightly angled the brackets to suit. Hope that makes sense.

As said but usually ill put the pan in place stick some masking tap on the floor just under the pan mark the hole positions and the side of the pan, measure the thickness then add 2.5mm-5mm

Then once I've screwed the fixings to the floor I slacken the screws a little so they can move if needed and the side screws will pull them in tight

Saw one today where instead of using the L brackets and to save drilling the floor tiles the guy had simply stuck a piece of 3x2 wood to the floor and used long screws, needless to say the customer wasn`t impressed.

Saw one today where instead of using the L brackets and to save drilling the floor tiles the guy had simply stuck a piece of 3x2 wood to the floor and used long screws, needless to say the customer wasn`t impressed.
Haha the blue peter version I think... I had to replace a siphon in a toilet the other day where a builder had drilled a hole in the side of the cistern to run a flexi from the ballvalve straight into a tiled wall.. I just don't get some people

Every day is a learning curve of the good, the bad & the ugly! lol

The worst pans are the ones with a cast lip under the outlet you have to lift it over brackets and insert into pan connector all in one. I also find they never hold firm on those brackets

Brackets are useless and don't seem to stop the pan being twisted sideways.
I rely on bead of silicone to bond pan to tiled floor

The worst pans are the ones with a cast lip under the outlet you have to lift it over brackets and insert into pan connector all in one.

Think of me then where the pan connector isn`t solid but thin flimsy rubber held on to the pan spigot with a 110mm jubilee clip, situations where I can often be heard swearing.

Think of me then where the pan connector isn`t solid but thin flimsy rubber held on to the pan spigot with a 110mm jubilee clip, situations where I can often be heard swearing.

I must confess this, - I have done at least one pan install by simply fixing the brackets to the pan and putting blobs of Tec7 on tiled floor on exact spots where brackets going.
Probably more than strong enough. Some of them pans are so big, they don't need much to keep them in place. :smile:
But I do silicone the pan edge to tiles.

I`ve got to remove one of the biggest back to wall pans I`ve ever seen on Monday, know it`s got silicone around the base and have no idea what`s underneath !!!!!!!!!

I`ve got to remove one of the biggest back to wall pans I`ve ever seen on Monday, know it`s got silicone around the base and have no idea what`s underneath !!!!!!!!!
Good luck.. I hate working on toilets...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck.. I hate working on toilets...

I just hate these back to wall type with a macerator behind and all nicely boxed in out of sight, all looks pretty but causes me big headaches.

Just looked at paperwork since 1st post and I`ve got 2 of the beggers Monday.

Also, try and keep the nylon brackets at room temp or warm them slightly if cold
Have had a couple snap whilst tightening screws though side of pan due to being cold and brittle

Temporarily screw the brackets into the pan so they're a couple of mm proud (i.e. so they will touch the floor before the pan does), put double sided tape on the surface that will meet the floor.
Place pan in position, unscrew brackets from pan, remove pan.
Hey presto, the brackets are exactly where they need to be :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back to wall closed couple toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Our builder set up the soil pipe and supply for the closed couple toilet but says it's actually impossible to connect to the wall securely (ie he says he can't get bolts in). It's silicone'd to the floor which he is claiming is fine. Is this right? There must be a way even if in means breaking...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use the existing soil pipe which goes out to the right. All the back to wall toilets on Victoria Plum have a cross through the side waste which has...
Replies
Views
Any ideas on the a decent flush to wall close coupled toilet/brand? Should I just go for Victoria Plumb Orchard brand? Just to clarify I'm not looking for a btw type with a hidden cistern. I'm looking for a flush to wall close coupled loo i.e.so you cant see soil pipe/so theres no open back/no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock