Search the forum,

Discuss Closed couple toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Phil W

Our builder set up the soil pipe and supply for the closed couple toilet but says it's actually impossible to connect to the wall securely (ie he says he can't get bolts in). It's silicone'd to the floor which he is claiming is fine. Is this right? There must be a way even if in means breaking open holes under the cistern, I'd be nervous if he did this as he had at least 3 attempts to connect it to the soil pipe before it stopped leaking

“Our builder” - I found your problem.

I always fix pan/cistern.

Will silicone be alight? More than likely.

Why can’t he get bolts in? What bolts/fixings are you talking about? Cistern fixings?
What type of wall? Plasterboard? Has a failed attempt made it now difficult to fix in to the plasterboard?
If first fixing, I always try and get some ply behind the plasterboard. Not just toilets but anywhere I need to fix to.
Could cut hole in wall behind cistern and slip some wood in to fix on to.
Could use a couple of blobs of silicone.
Got a pic?

Reply to Closed couple toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock