Search the forum,

Discuss Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about flueless gas heaters, see enclosed message.

Dear Registered Business,

Gas Safe Register would like to inform you of a new ‘Safety Alert’ (SA), which has been published on the engineer’s section of the Gas Safe Register website.

The safety alert concerns:

SA 007 - Important Product Recall, concerning ‘Calor Classic’, ‘Calor Compact’ and ‘Royal Classic’ portable gas heaters - An important product recall has been issued on some portable gas heaters purchased since the 1 August 2010, due to reports that a small number of these products have been malfunctioning. Registered engineers that encounter these portable gas heaters should advise their customers to stop using the heater and to immediately contact their supplier.

Whilst the risk is perceived to be minimal, consumer safety is paramount; therefore, a product recall has been issued. The malfunction in ‘Calor Classic’, ‘Calor Compact’ and ‘Royal Classic’ portable gas heaters purchased after the 1 August 2010 could lead to the heaters emitting carbon monoxide marginally above the allowed levels. No other products are affected.

The above safety alert can be viewed and downloaded from your online account. [DLMURL="https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Login.aspx"]Login[/DLMURL] and visit the Technical Information area to access safety alerts.

If you have any questions relating to the safety alert or other technical issues, please call the Technical helpline on 0800 408 5577 and choose option 1.

Kind Regards

Technical Services
Gas Safe Register

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi To All Seniors.. I'm Posting This Thread .. as I was Reading This on Gas Safe Website and it really confused me. I Usually while doing...
Replies
Views
P
a regular customer has asked me to fit a new flueless gas fire :eek: i dont want to fit it but i feel my hands are a bit tied if you know what i...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
T
I live in a new build house. I have a recently bought a fluless gas fire and need an airbrick installing too, I'm concerned about the draft from...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
M
hi all , new to forum and need a bit of advice , had a new flavel misermatic fire installed yesterday , by a reg gas fitter , he said we...
Replies
Views
S
Hoping this is the correct forum for the following question: With the UK approaching a heat wave, I am thinking about getting a gas fire...
Replies
Views
sinbad
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock