Discuss armitage quiet float valve - fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davey

I have an armitage shanks quiet fill valve in my cistern that has a persistent fault.
After flushing the water doesn't stop filling - i.e. the valve isn't closing properly.
I've changed the diaphragm. Problem stopped but re-occured not long afterwards.
Tried another diaphragm - same problem.
If i turn off the supply, then turn back on a while later, the valve *may* decide to work, then within a flush-or-three it fails again.
Am i simply at the point where i need to replace the whole valve assembly ?
Any advice appreciated !
Thanks

Problem will be at the seat not the diaphragm, probably some debri in there stopping it closing properly, take it apart, clean it, put it back together, should sort it.

Problem will be at the seat not the diaphragm, probably some debri in there stopping it closing properly, take it apart, clean it, put it back together, should sort it.
I'll give that a try . . .
thanks

sounds like its been out and left dry for a while?.
calcium dried on will make it stick. as said strip and clean with white vinager or do what we do, throw away and start with new.

sounds like its been out and left dry for a while?.
calcium dried on will make it stick. as said strip and clean with white vinager or do what we do, throw away and start with new.

No, it's not been out and dry.

I'll be trying the clean-up and if that doesn't work it'll definitely be the throw-away and start-again approach . . .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to armitage quiet float valve - fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Soon after having oil fired central heating fitted my cistern started sounding like a foghorn having previously been quiet. It involved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock