Discuss ARCHIVED - Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT

sponge out the rest of the water

You don't have to get all the water out. You can just lift if off the pan and tip it in the bath. If it won't flush at all I usually syphon out some with hose into bath and then lift it off and tip rest out.

i know i could have done that but it was a downstairs cloak room with no bath and a very tiny pointless corner sink ;)

I use a wet vacuum - emptied in less than a minute.

i am toying with the idea of purchasing one of these as everybody on here raves about them but are they really that good?

You don't have to get all the water out. You can just lift if off the pan and tip it in the bath. If it won't flush at all I usually syphon out some with hose into bath and then lift it off and tip rest out.

So why not pour it down the pan?

Unless the threads are rusted on a CC WC or some clown has boxed it in it is generally a 15 minute job. I always repair them can't remember the last time I swapped a syphon hence why i am surprised that this mob couldn't fix it. It could be a flush valve of course but any self respecting plumber will carry syphon, flush valve doughnuts all in 2" & 11/2. I think they have mis-led this chap and have a cheek chargfing if they didn't fix it.

My opinion.

did they offer to come back the following day and fit the syphon that was required ?

and if they charge 75 for a hour on a saturday then out of hours on a monday would be the same - well it would for me anyway - anything that is out of 9-5 mon to fri is premium rate.

they have mis sold info if they've let you book it monday saying they charge less and then chargin the higher amount - but not having the part on the van is not a sign of a cowboy - shoddy working standards is.

i would be very careful doing all this over the internet - as someone else said we would not use them as we are all plumbers so your post has probably not had the effect that you may wish it to have - but i certainly would take legal action if a non paying customer posted libelous comments about my business all over the internet and i would have plenty of proof also.

good luck with it all - but please be careful as it could end up costing more than the 75 pound call out charge your fretting over.

Only tried repairing one once. Spent ages cutting an exact replacement out of thick plastic bag. Fitted it, rebuilt. Didn't work. Since then I carry various different diaphragms. But if I haven't got the one, it's a new syphon. Maybe I should have another go at cutting a new diaphragm, 'cos it would make things easier.

I've made and replaced about half of the diaphrams I've come across. If the syphon is the wrong size I then repair. Never yet been called back. Trick is to find some reasonably thick plastic - luckily my merchants use thick bags for shopping bits.

On Boxing Day I didn't have any suitable plastic so a supermarket bag had to suffice (and is still working to the best of my knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ARCHIVED - Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too...
Replies
Views
H
Hi im just after some advice please. I recently contacted some plumbers for quotes for a second opinion following the problems we have been...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
Has anyone ever worked for these? They have sent me an application pack to join but I have a little alarm bell ringing in my head and i can't put...
Replies
Views
Winston
W
G
Just been doing a bit of marketing via some flier drops. I approached an old guy and was very polite, explained we're a new local business so...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
Had a woman call our company on Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (*********) could come out to site and help her (We charge...
Replies
Views
365drills

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock