Discuss ARCHIVED - Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT

I've made and replaced about half of the diaphrams I've come across. If the syphon is the wrong size I then repair. Never yet been called back. Trick is to find some reasonably thick plastic - luckily my merchants use thick bags for shopping bits.

On Boxing Day I didn't have any suitable plastic so a supermarket bag had to suffice (and is still working to the best of my knowledge).

If you don't have a decent piece of polythene use a rubber glove works a treat most housholders will give you one but don't charge for the part. Did it in my mum's house on Christamas Day 5 years ago still going strong.

I see the point in that if you were told on the phone it would be £37.50 per half hour or the like, then they would have to stick to that. I would have refused to pay until i could speak to the office and sort it out, as this might just be a simple miscommunication.

As you can see we all feel quite strongly that you you should not be too quick to shout 'cowboy' as it can be quite unfair. I can think of hundreds of companies which could mis-sell you like this, so it does not make this company a bunch of cowboys.

Stilll you have got guts to that here - a bit like going into the black estates in america, to make racist remarks! See what a nice response you get though!

Everybody is too quick to shout cowboy these days, these day are a bodge job culture. The real guilty party in my mind are tight english people (who I am one of too!) who apparently want a good job, but dont really want to pay for it:

Hence the arrival of 'Bodge the Builder' who does not really know any trade skill, but will do a cheap job . . . .

These guys have a sponsored google link, a respectable website, even nice phone attendants, but be warned they are complete RIP-OFF merchants. I wanted a boiler service and two radiators repaired. I was told it would be £89+VAT for the service and £75 + VAT for the radiators. As this amount is nearly the same as an annual home care plan I said I'd go elsewhere. However, after speaking to the MD, the (then very nice) phone consultant agreed to the engineer would repair both the radiators and the boiler for the same price in order to get my business. What happens? The repair guy turns up, does the boiler service, says he won't repair the radiators and charges me the full £89+VAT. I agreed to pay (naively as it turns out) because I thought the phone consultant I spoke to had been so kind in getting me the discount that he'd sort out the misunderstanding and they would come back and honour the contract we agreed. Originally the phone consultant even told me not to go with the other company I mentioned as they said that company won't do what they say they'll do. The irony is hard to take. They have completely reneged on their contract and then denied they had said more than that the'd look at the radiators. When I asked them to provide me with a copy of our phone conversation/transcript of the call they refused. All they offered to do was to come back and fix the radiators for £89+ VAT per hour for 2-3 hours + £75 +vat for 2 radiator valves - a complete rip-off. The whole thing would have cost me £408 (including the initial £89+VAT) in total if they took just 2 hrs - £514 if they took 3 hours. It is outrageous that people behave like this (so nice an courteous before they take you for a ride) and I urge you in the strongest possible terms not to use their services as they will just rip you off. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJP - like we all here say

1-ask friends and family for a good local plumber/heating engineer
2- make a call to that person
3-be home on time for visit
4-pay as when job complete
5 - I can assure you next time you need him he will be there to help you out

This is simple method to keep you out of big company's hands who are after your £ :)

I love those £75+ VAT rad valves, ultra reliable I find. But then they would be.

probably trying to emulate charlie mullins at pimlico plumbing

Many thanks for your comments ​Mr Plumbforce!

Absolutely fantastic service from Plumbforce Direct. The ONLY plumbing service to call! My wife and I were very pleased with the quality of work Mr. Jones with Plumbforce direct performed and the time in which all repairs were completed. Best of all, the total charge for all work performed was VERY reasonable and significantly below what I expected. After arriving at exactly the time he said he would, he looked over our problems, gave my wife his quote, and even had her accompany him in selecting a new hot water heater and kitchen sink tap. We have also just had a new born baby. Mr Jones was very considerate with the noise levels when she was sleeping. I would recommend Plumbforce Direct, especially Mr. Jones, for any or all plumbing jobs. I should hope the need not arise again but if it did, I would call these guys again.
welcome along ​Mr Plumbforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ARCHIVED - Cowboy plumbers in London: PLUMB FORCE DIRECT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too...
Replies
Views
H
Hi im just after some advice please. I recently contacted some plumbers for quotes for a second opinion following the problems we have been...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
Has anyone ever worked for these? They have sent me an application pack to join but I have a little alarm bell ringing in my head and i can't put...
Replies
Views
Winston
W
G
Just been doing a bit of marketing via some flier drops. I approached an old guy and was very polite, explained we're a new local business so...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
Had a woman call our company on Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (*********) could come out to site and help her (We charge...
Replies
Views
365drills

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock